Author Topic: Bottle --> Sippy... Help?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline uropachild

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Bottle --> Sippy... Help?
« on: January 02, 2010, 20:47:11 pm »
I just posted this in the bottle feeding forum, sorry. I guess it might be better here. :)

We're in a right old kerfuffle at the moment! Everything has been thrown into disarray after a wonderful couple of months of blissful routine. Isn't that always the case?! :lol:

Well, DD has just turned 1 today. YEY! She is hardly drinking any milk at all at the moment, but that is mainly due to a cold.

She used to be on 2 bottles and 2 booby feeds a day until i completely stopped BFing a couple of weeks ago. Then we changed to 3 bottles a day. That went fine for a little while and she was having about 6/7oz each bottle. Then she caught this dreaded cold that's lasted for a week now and her milk consumption crashed.

I cut a slit in her bottle teat so the liquid comes out faster, but it's not helping. I offer her that teat, the normal uncut teat and also a sippy with milk in, but she won't take much. The most she's taken is 4oz at a time, but today she had only 1oz in the morning, 1oz at lunch and 1oz before bed. We were also giving her milk in her sippy throughout the day to try to make that up.

Her cold is on the way out now and amongst a million other tweaks we need to do (1 nap? more finger foods, etc etc. ) we need to get her to drink her milk properly.

We're thinking that we will get her on a sippy instead of a bottle while we have the opportunity since she's not exactly loving her bottle right now. The only thing is when she drinks from her sippy she will take one massive drink and come off gasping. Then she refuses to drink anymore. I just don't see how she will drink enough in one sitting. We use the Tommee Tippee cups with the free flow spout.

Can anyone offer any advice?     
Sarah
New baby due 23rd October 2010
DD Lyric Hope, Jan 09
^i^ DD Ada, Sep 07
^i^ DS Zane, Oct 06

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Bottle --> Sippy... Help?