Author Topic: Help!!! New to Easy---3 month old  (Read 714 times)

Offline clcmtc

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 31, 2009, 17:27:11 pm »
I am trying to get my daughter on EASY but I am having problems.....she naps for only 1/2 hour at a time and only takes about 8-10 minutes to eat. Making my Easy schedule about 2 1/2 hours long....Before easy she used to eat every 3 hours so I know she can go that long, but I can't get her to extend her naps.  TOday I spent 1/2 hour trying to get her to go back to sleep but that didn't work.  It is so frustrating and I also have a 2 year old and he isn't very patient when I am trying to get her back to sleep!   Can anyone help me??  I really want her to get used to the EASY method....  With my son I used the "ferberizing" method at 6 months at the suggestion of our doctor.  It worked but I would like to try to avoid that this time and get  her on EASY way before 6 months.  Any suggestions on getting her nap longer and what tips do you have for making EASY successful?

Offline babymunkey

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Helen.....call me H
Re: Help!!! New to Easy---3 month old
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 21:02:43 pm »
Hi

I'm afraid I'm not going to be of much specific help, cos I'm not a great expert, and I've forgotten what it was like to have a newborn as my first DS is now 20 months. So firstly big hugs to you for coping with two LOs.  And so great that you've found EASY for number 2 - it can take a while and some perserverance but its sooo worth it. Welcome to BW boards.

The best thing to get some help would be if you could post your LOs routine as it is at the moment? Just roughly in terms of EAS etc in whatever order they come. (and I never found the Y so lets forget about that for now  ;D) Then someone could come along and help, and I'll chip in if I can....

H

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
Re: Help!!! New to Easy---3 month old
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 21:40:47 pm »
Hi and welcome. Just wanted to let you know that there are some good routines for 0-3 months in the FAQ section of this EASY forum. Here is a link

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=10384.0

Sometimes when los have not been sleeping or napping well they get caught up in being overtired. You may find more success if you try to have your lo nap earlier than you usually would for the first nap and then play catch up for a day or two before trying to establish a set routine again. You may also find that this will end up causing you to need to add an extra nap (shorter catnap) at the end of the day so that you can keep your bedtime at a consistent time. 30 min sleeps are usually the result of being overtired.

After you post your routine others will be able to offer you more guidance and advice.

:)