Author Topic: We meet again - Mr. OT! MORE questions/concerns! Help me!  (Read 820 times)

Offline lizbrown2002

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
We meet again - Mr. OT! MORE questions/concerns! Help me!
« on: February 06, 2010, 05:34:10 am »
The facts:  DD2 is 11 weeks.  Not a good eater or sleeper, has acid reflux (on Prevacid and soy), is a true delight until entering the OT cycle and there's no turning back.  Does NOT yawn or give any sign of tiredness - but I have found that one hour of A time is her limit.  Any more - she's screaming bloody hell for the rest of the day.  Sleeps in crib, swaddled, sound machine, black out windows, elevated crib, with pacifier.  Goes down for her naps pretty well - just a few cries here and there.  Uses pacifier and when she's NOT OT, when it falls out, she's fine.  Tried swaddling her with hand at her face so she could find her fingers - all she found was her nose and scratched the begeezes out of it.  Here's our supposed schedule:

8:00 Eat
9:00 Sleep - usually in car seat, taking DD1 to school, errands - does NOT sleep well (on and off)
11:00 Eat
12:00 Sleep - in crib - MAXIMUM one hour.  Then I do the pacifier mambo - I put in, she spits out, every ten minutes until next feeding
2:00 Eat
3:00 Sleep - in crib, MAXIMUM 30 minutes.  Pacifier mambo - losing my friggin' mind
5:00 Eat
5:15 - 7:30 always looks different.  Sometimes a doll, sometimes naps, most times screams but won't fall asleep
7:30 Eat and bed
7:30 - 10:00  - Inconsolable screaming - refuses pacifier, doesn't stop if picked up, etc.  Literally have to shake her a bit to calm down enough to take her pacifier, rests for about ten minutes and restarts.  Eventually - we do something right and she falls asleep around 10
10:30 "Dreamfeed"
Around 4:00 Wakes to eat

I know she's OT - but I can't seem to extend her naps and then nighttime is a nightmare.  What do you think?  Any and all suggestions will be taken - my poor DD1 never sees me!  Sucks-sucks-suckity-suck-sucks!

Offline clazzat

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 286
Re: We meet again - Mr. OT! MORE questions/concerns! Help me!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 17:55:05 pm »
Are you shortening her A time following a short nap?  If you can't extend her naps, I would focus on making sure that she is going back down for a nap earlier rather than putting all your efforts into extending when it's not going to happen, iyswim.

Another thing to bear in mind is that if she is screaming and refusing to nap then that requires a lot of energy and she might be hungry earlier.

Offline clazzat

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 286
Re: We meet again - Mr. OT! MORE questions/concerns! Help me!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:14:23 am »
I notice that you have another thread going on the naps board - I'm going to lock this one and redirect people to the naps topic to make sure that you are not getting conflicting advice.
Cx

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=165043.0
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:18:43 am by clazzat »