Author Topic: PLEASE HELP : We can't get passed 30min naps, does this always mean O/T??  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Edesanja

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
Re: PLEASE HELP : We can't get passed 30min naps, does this always mean O/T??
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 21:35:12 pm »
Also, I must say that Michelle (Deckchariot) is a forum moderator and has WAAAAY more experience than I do and has given advice on lots more LO's than I've ever dealt with, but for me, the only thing that finally worked was *not* shortening atimes after a short nap. So if she got a 40 min nap, if I tried to shorten her atime, I just messed things up even more. I had to stick with the atimes we were at no matter how long her naps were. That's the only way I got out of the OT/UT cycle.

I agree with Megan here, but again am not wanting to contradict advice you're already following. I think the reason that NOT shortening A time after a short nap helped both Megan and I was that our A times were to short so our LOs were having UT naps. To shorten the A time when she actually needed MORE was just making things worse. This is similar to what Tracey says in the PU/PD chapter in BWSAYP p232-233 if you have it.

Things didn't settle down for us until I pushed to 3hrs A time (and this was when he was only 6.5 months old). I was scared to push that far, but I did it slowly - as others have said you have to be patient and take things one step at a time.

Jenny - mama to

Offline deckchariot

• Showing Appreciation 361
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 21:54:49 pm »
and that's why we want everyone to participate on the boards :) :)  You ladies are wonderful and it's sooooooooooo helpful to hear other's experiences - all our bubs are different and what works for one may not work for another.  So do not feel bad about sharing what worked for you even if it's different from what someone else has  posted.  Sometimes we have to try a variety of different options to find what works for our bubs.  That's really what BW is all about.  I'm no expert - not by any means :)  I'm thrilled that you both shared how you handled things differently - if one thing isn't working, try something else like you did!
Michelle

Offline Tracyxx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Kieran age 20 months x
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 23:17:23 pm »
Thanks Girls for the welcome, we are having so many different issues that i have posts on several different threads looking for advice so i'm finding it hard to keep up with them all so i have just posted all our problems together in one post on the "EASY" thread so if you have any more advice for me on things to try or just want to find out how were doing then follow us here as i will just be posting our updates on this thread as of tonight to save duplicate posts:

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=181139.msg2060471

Thanks
Tracyxx
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 23:26:48 pm by Tracyxx »

Offline deckchariot

• Showing Appreciation 361
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 01:31:19 am »
excellent idea Tracy - easier for you (and us) to have it all in one place.  And thanks for posting the link.  I'll go ahead and lock this one then so you don't have to worry about following it as well.
Michelle

Offline ~Sara~

• Showing Appreciation 264
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 14:26:41 pm »
This thread has been locked per original poster's request.  To follow along and offer advice, please go to her current thread:

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=181139.msg2060471

Thanks!
*formerly tersaseda*