Author Topic: DS wont eat, sick for 2 weeks, need some ideas!!  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Courtney L

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My Monsters
DS wont eat, sick for 2 weeks, need some ideas!!
« on: December 18, 2010, 18:44:31 pm »
Hi

Hoping maybe some of you have some ideas on what I might be able to get my ds to eat! He is just getting over a horrible viral infection followed by an allergic reaction. He is on reactin, benadrly and advil depending on the time of day. He has been perking up the last couple days but we can't get him to eat anything. He'll drink milk but it is causing his guts to be an absolute mess. He isn't dehydrated, he drinks everything but food is just a no go. I'm just looking for some different ideas to maybe fill his little tummy. Thanks Ladies!

Courtney
~Courtney~

Offline alexgrant

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: DS wont eat, sick for 2 weeks, need some ideas!!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 01:11:01 am »
It took my daughter about 2 weeks to finally get her appetite back after having a stomach bug. She always wanted her bottle or bread but no other food (solids or puree). Even now, she still isn't the eater she was, as she used to eat everything but now is a little more picky about what she wants to eat. I was shocked at how long it took for her to want to eat again, but at least she is back to eating foods.

Offline Courtney L

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My Monsters
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 04:33:58 am »
2 weeks to eat wow! I really hope that is not the case! Sleep is already out and now food, I just want to make sure he is getting enough nutrients and I doubt just milk and juice is doing it. I bought some pediasure today to try that. he was such a good eater too, now he wont even eat fruit snacks which are his favorite!
~Courtney~

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 20:42:10 pm »
Can you try smoothies? Maybe use a blender to mix fruit, yogurt, or anything with some more substance in and let him drink from a sippy or a bottle w/ the nipple cut larger? Basically whatever solids he normally would eat can you try to turn them into some type of beverage until he's back on track? Pediasure is pretty good as well.

What solid foods does he normally eat for meals? Maybe that would spark more ideas from posters?

Offline LizzieN

• Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 23:01:05 pm »
Icy Poles were the ONLY thing our DS would eat when he recently got really ill.  So puree up watermelon, stewed apples, berries, bananas etc and freeze them.  You can even freeze yoghurt into them too....It's a great way of getting some nutrition into them when they are feeling SO unwell.

Hopefully he will like that?  Hope he is feeling better really soon, it's so hard to see your LOs so unwell.
xx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 14:51:31 pm »
Currently in this now. Been about a week of little to no eating - with the past four days the worst of it (he's had nothing but his milk and a tiny bit of applesauce and soup) - he's WAY congested and was diagnosed with a sore throat and ear infection on Monday and started abx that afternoon. I'm not a big fan of Pediasure so am hoping don't have to go that route.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Courtney L

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My Monsters
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 16:07:37 pm »
Well it took until after christmas for him to be back to normal. Smoothies kind of worked! I ended up doing the freezy pops which he actually ate. We did end up doing some pediasure and pedialyte just to keep him hydrated and get some nutrients into him! Stupid colds! I caught it right after he was done! Of course! Thanks for the feedback!!
~Courtney~

Offline LizzieN

• Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 04:33:31 am »
Courtney so glad that your LO is feeling better, it's so hard when they won't eat and you KNOW it's important for their recovery.  Hopefully he stays healthy all 2011 :)
xx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us