Poll

longer A time for 6 wk old?

day time affecting night time-6 wks old
2 (100%)
30 min to short of A time for 6 wk old
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: possibly A time to short during day, affecting night sleep  (Read 983 times)

Offline nilly

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
possibly A time to short during day, affecting night sleep
« on: December 24, 2010, 06:37:57 am »
our LO is almost 6 weeks, and just bottle feed. i have been reading through the helpfull posts on A time, easy routines...... i am wondering if her awake time of only 30 minutues is what is causing the evenings (starting at 7:30pm) and night time sleep to be so disasterous.

our routine is something like this starting around 7:30am. she always feeds about 3-4 oz, stays awake for about 30 min and then back to sleep for 2 hours (give or take 1/2 hour). repeating this till the evening. at about 7:30pm she cries alot, and it often takes us till 9:30 to get to sleep for the night, there may be a brief nod of, but nothing longer than 10min.

she usually sleeps till 1:45am, feeds and then it crying, nodding off till about 5am (will have given her another feed which is minimal), then a 5am feed, and sleep till 7:30. i keep the room dark, don't change her, and put her back to bed right after the feeds.

i am trying to follow her ques, but if i don't swaddle her and but her down by the 2-3 yawn, she gets overtired so easily and then it is a lot of "no no's" to get her to sleep. but if i catch her, swaddle, give her the soother, pop it in 1-2 times if she wants it when it falls out, she is easily asleep.

please, suggestions. i have two other young children, and it is so hard to function early mornings at 6am when the others get up.

many thanks for your time,
nilly

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: possibly A time to short during day, affecting night sleep
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 20:51:07 pm »
Sorry this went unanswered, how are things going now?

I am also popping this over to the EASY forum.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Yazzie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
  • Mummy's angel
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 21:32:19 pm »
Hey there hun, could you post your routine in EASY format to get a better idea? Does anything happen towards the end of the day that is stimulating?

Another thing, would of course be reflux/colic, have you checked that out? DS used to get really bad especially at night, so maybe something like gripe water would help.
Adam's Mum

Offline nilly

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 16:13:29 pm »
thanks for responding... we are looking into the reflux with a dr. this week. it is so hard to know.
once she is alseep at night she doesn't show signs of discomfort. she does wake up often for her soother though. i pop it back in and then she is fine till then next time. which could be 15 minutes later or 1 hour.....yikes!!!!

thanks again,
nilly