Author Topic: Dropped Fruit Now Too?!  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Dropped Fruit Now Too?!
« on: January 12, 2011, 23:06:57 pm »
OK so DS (19 months) used to be a very good eater until about 13 months. Then slowly started getting worse/pickier. He already wouldn't eat veggies (except carrots in soup or sweet potato "fries") unless hidden in pasta sauce or homemade meat patties, etc. And won't do proteins other than said meat patties, chicken nuggets or bits of chicken in soup (used to LOVE meatballs, chicken pieces, etc). Now he's dropped fresh fruit too!!!! Which is crazy cause he used to be a total fruit-a-holic - we would joke that he would live on fruit if he could/would choose fruit over cookies, etc.

We had to stop offering cantaloupe (intolerance) and he slowly dropped first blueberries, then grapes, then strawberries (which he would INHALE up till 3 weeks ago) and now apples and bananas too. SO frustrating!!! He will happily eat freeze dried fruit (which has lots of nutrition retained) but that's it. Thoughts? Suggestions? I miss him scarfing down fresh fruit...

Oh and so far smoothies are a no go.

TIA!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 01:25:35 am »
Yep we're getting similar here.  He's eating like a bird and not wanting things he used to scarf down.  I can't tell if it's the illness, the teething or just toddleritis.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
Re: Dropped Fruit Now Too?!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 13:11:19 pm »
Interesting Wendy... He's actually eating quite a bit now (for him anyway) at 2 out of 3 meals. And he did end up having half a banana last night (after he saw DD eating the other half). But still pushed away strawberries (his favorite before he got the cold/ear infection a few weeks ago) like they were evil... Think I might buy more freeze dried fruit today too...

Last night for dinner he refused the chicken, rice and green beans (not a surprise) and ended up eating two dry pieces of whole wheat raisin toast instead. Crazy boy.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 15:25:37 pm »
Finn would live off bananas if he could.  It's the only fruit he smiles at.

Strawberries are a go these days for us but he used to love blueberries, blackberries, peaches, pears, you name it...now it's really hit and miss.

I'm tired of wasting food that goes off quickly!

Dinner he eats about 3 bites then says he's done.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 15:41:01 pm »
Molar #3 (bottom right) trying to push through and he's a CRAB this morning. Gave Motrin at 10am and since he had basically no breakfast am going to offer an early lunch around 11 of his favorites - in this case homemade chicken nuggets and sweet potato "fries". Wish he'd do smoothies! ITA about the wasting food...

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 19:20:58 pm »
hugs Karen..you know I share your woes. She takes a few bites from a meal and I'm actually thrilled about that now ::) Meh.

ironically, she's teething her third molar too..with the 4th one bubbling under the surface. Her canines look fat too. Goodness..it's never ending.
*Sarah*

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 23:00:12 pm »
Hugs to you too Sarah and thanks.

You guys are in the same exact teething spot as us - our kiddos are slow teethers together!

Apparently raisin bread is the new dinner item du jour. He refused pasta (!) tonight and had a dry piece of raisin bread and a yogurt.