Author Topic: how to fit it all in one day (12 hours) for an 11 month old!  (Read 918 times)

Offline s_dhroliya

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
how to fit it all in one day (12 hours) for an 11 month old!
« on: April 07, 2011, 15:01:15 pm »
im struggling with something (as usual)!  my LO is now 11 months old and is doing about 4 hours of activity time between naps, 2 naps in a day (approx 1.5 hrs each) and i dont know how im supposed to fit it all in one day (12 hours).  Should her days now be longer than 12 hours?  Should she only be sleeping 10 hours at night as opposed to 12?   
If shes does 4 hrs of activity, then 1st nap, then another 4 hours of activity, 2nd nap and then 4 more hours before bedtime, thats over 14 hours! Am i doing something wrong???
thanks!!!

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: how to fit it all in one day (12 hours) for an 11 month old!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 15:06:55 pm »
There are some stages where you kind of have to "fake it till you make it." Sort of like when you start solids and have to work out how to still fit in the milk feeds AND the solids.

It probably won't be long till your LO begins to make the transition to one midday nap, and the whole format of your day will change again. Meanwhile, follow cues as best you can and wait for the next [tooth/new food/developmental milestone/cold/ear infection/new skill] and re-vamp from there.

Probably not the definitive answer you were hoping for.... but sometimes it's the best we have! :)

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: how to fit it all in one day (12 hours) for an 11 month old!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 15:38:34 pm »
You can also experiment with cutting one or other of the naps a little short - it's the start - the very earliest stages - of the long and slow transition to one nap.