EAT > Bottle Feeding

Need some help getting lo to take HAF

(1/4) > >>

my3girlsjde:
Hi - in a nutshell, I ebf'd for a year and transitioned E onto soy milk on the advice of my Dr. It took 11 months for this child to happily take a bottle to begin with so we were pretty excited that she liked the soy. Then she began reacting to the soy milk and is completely mspi. On the advice of our dietician with E's slower growth we're putting her on HAF.

So I'm trying to get a child who went from sweet soy milk and breast milk to this vile tasting stuff. She took the first oz no problem, but then her taste buds woke up. I've tried sweetening it, mixing 1/4 HAF with 3/4 soy, and then sweetening it. She takes a couple of sucks and that's it.

Any ideas? I'd really like her to take this stuff.

TIA

my3girlsjde:
Ok so it's a couple of hours later and this is where we are:

She's guzzled almost 4oz of a 1/4 haf 3/4 soy milk mixed and ridiculously sweetened. It's a start as she normally takes 8oz in the morning. Perhaps she just needs some time to adjust? I'll keep the same mix up for the rest of the day.

Fingers crossed xxx

Lolly:
You may need to go even slower than that. I would try 1oz HAF to 7oz soy, keep to that until she is drinking it happily then do 2oz HAF to 6oz soy. It's not ideal given that she is reacting to it, but at her age her tastebuds really will object. Is that an option or will you carry on as you are and reduce the sweetner bit once she's totally on HAF?

Laura

my3girlsjde:
She ended up finishing the bottle :D. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke. I'm going to try the same concentration tonight - only because she's been reacting to the soy and I'd like to do this ASAP. If she rejects it, I'll do like you say and do 1/8th. Hopefully I won't need to as she went down for her first independent nap in days and she's still asleep at 1hr 40mins and I'm going up to wake her soon ;D

Will be back after tonight's bottle to update. Fingers crossed she takes at least 6oz.

Lolly:
Good luck!

Laura

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version