Author Topic: VERY cranky 8month old-HELP  (Read 1667 times)

Offline lainy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my spirited little darling
« on: November 05, 2011, 03:15:38 am »
Dear all

My soon to be 8 month old DD has really changed dramatically in the last month and I am really struggling now.
She is sleeping well. She goes down around 6.30pm and she wakes up around 7am. I give her a dream feed around 10.30-11pm. She occasionally does wake up during the night if she has a dirty diaper or constipation issues. When she wakes up she is only up for around 40min and she goes back to sleep for around 1 hr (so she is up around 9am). She is very tired and is constantly rubbing her eyes so i cant extend the A period.
After she gets up she is happy for 20min - and that is probably it. She likes going for a walk so that is what we do. She cant play as she has no focus and is just so unhappy. Otherwise she must be carried and she is just very unhappy.
She is ready for bed at 11am and she goes down with ease. Wakes up at 1pm. Happy for maybe 30min and she starts being very unhappy again.
I do struggle with her afternoon nap as I have toddler too...But I sometimes manage to put her down around 3pm for 1hr.

Before she started being so unhappy her schedule was different:
Start at 7am
Up for 40min. Sleep for 1.5hrs.
Up for 3hrs. Down for 3hr
Bedtime (no afternoon nap)

I really dont know how i can improve her situation. She is soo unhappy all the time and I dont know what to do. She is feeding ok (ca.700-900ml of formula), she has proper dinner, little bit of breakfast and little bit of lunch. I dont think she is unhappy because she is hungry, as I am offering her food in regular intervals.

I would really appreciate any advice!

Offline Jiinx

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
Re: VERY cranky 8month old-HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:52:37 am »
Hi hun,
 I'm sorry your lo is unhappy :( Is she unhappy bc she's tired or unhappy bc of discomfort from teething or the sort?

It must be frustrating to extend her A time, like you said. Could you show me an example of your day? I know you gave me an outline of a day, but it may help to see it outlined
E - when she ate
A - what she did, how long she was up from eyes open to eyes closed
S - how long she slept for, any wakings, did she go back to sleep..

I honestly can't think of why she could be so unhappy..she seems to be getting her rest - sleeps moderately well at night. It's normal for the los to be tired in the morning and want to go to sleep relatively quickly after their wake up from bed, but they should be refreshed somewhat after that nap.

Any developments? Crawling? Any changes in her day(s)? Routine? Could she have SA? Reflux? Teething?

Sarah
*Sarah*