Author Topic: almost 5 month old baby always looks tired  (Read 3128 times)

Offline mommy2_1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
almost 5 month old baby always looks tired
« on: February 17, 2012, 15:55:22 pm »
Hi,

I'm new here.  I have a soon to be 5 month old who sleeps well at night.  She used to do 12 hours at night and now does about 10 hours.  When she wakes in the morning, she is all smiles and happy and it's beautiful to be around her.  Her problem is that she doesn't like to nap.  I've recently tried the putting her down at about 2 hours after she wakes and she falls asleep on her own.  Some days she naps for 45 min at a time and other times for 2-3-4 hours.  Her big problem is in the afternoon where she doesn't nap well at all.  anyhow, my question is this, she always seems tired.  At night she can't stay up past 6 pm as she is so tired.  I can't do anything with her.  I can't go to people's house too late as she will be fussy and will want to sleep and can't.  I don't want to get in the way of her napping so I prevent myself from going out during the day because then nighttime is hell.  I don't know what to do.  Can you give me some advice.  A lot of people tell me that I should just pick up and go and she will fall asleep when she is tired.  That is not always the case and I feel anxious all the time.  Her baptism is coming up in about 1 month and I'm so scared that she will be crying all day since she will not sleep from morning til night.  I'm trying to remain calm but this is taking a toll on me as I feel I'm a prisonner in my home.

thank you for your help

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: almost 5 month old baby always looks tired
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 19:25:30 pm »
Hugs, it's hard when they don't nap. I had a bad napper so I feel your pain :-*
Can you pleased OT a typical day in EAS format. Maybe it's just a tweak in your routine that will help get your LO to nap well later in the day ;)

Tis is a tough age for sleep, 45 min naps are common and developmental too so don't beat yourself up! X
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.