Author Topic: baby crackers/cookie for a baby with allergies.  (Read 1852 times)

Offline lilybug25

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
baby crackers/cookie for a baby with allergies.
« on: April 26, 2012, 20:09:18 pm »
I want to start giving Alyssa baby crackers, like those rice rusk called yum yums. Since there is no way I can buy them , she has way to many allgeries to chance it, I want to make my own. Does anyone have a recipe? It cannot be made with :
 Milk
 Soy
 Corn

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 22:35:16 pm by lilybug25 »

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: baby crack/cookie for a baby with allergies.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 21:19:53 pm »
Hi, moving to the main board for you to get more eyes  ;)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: baby crackers/cookie for a baby with allergies.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 12:19:06 pm »
Hi. Theres a whole bunch of recipes here
http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/teethingbiscuits.htm
although I haven't tried these myself.  I would say though that any recipes that have sugar or salt I would totally omit, they aren't good for a LO and aren't needed.  Some of these recipes are suitable for your needs, some have milk or butter, milk you can replace with LO's regular milk whatever that is so it would be safe, butter you can replace with oil but use slightly less than the amount stated (I assume the milk allergy means no butter).

There's also some oaty biscuits here (see reply 16, 18, 20)
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=62087.15
You'll see the original link posted at reply 16 has milk and butter, but if you read on the butter is replace with oil and in my own recipe experiments there is no milk or butter.

None of these might be exactly what you're looking for, but they are all good finger foods for 6 months+.  If you are not sure about how LO will handle dried fruit just yet either totally whizz it into a puree in the oat mix or leave it out.  The bananas add enough sweetness anyway.

hth

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »
I made them with a recipe form the Neocate website. It was basically formula + rice flour mixed together and then baked. I think they give the option of adding applesauce or juice to flavour them. Not sure if I will be able to find the recipe but if a mod sees this they might be able to search the forums as I know I have posted it here before. I will try looking for the recipe online as well.

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:28:48 pm »
Ok, found it easily online!  Here is the entire cookbook in PDF format. The cookies are several pages in but are called Low Allergy rusks.  It's not with formula, just with a margarine or butter type product that your LO can have and a flour that your LO can have. We used rice flour as it is inexpensive and easy to find.  There are some other recipes in there you might find helpful, my DS loved the pancakes.

HTH
http://global.neocate.com/images/uploads/Files/440/Neocate_recipes.pdf

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 13:15:34 pm »
http://www.happybabyfood.com/ourproducts?page=shop.browse&category_id=17

These products are great.  Many are gluten, dairy and soy free - and it's VERY easy to find that info on the package.  We use the puffs, and the veggie/sunny buddies.  In case you're looking for something to buy!

...its what you do when you get back up.