Author Topic: constant feeding? Please help??  (Read 19040 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: constant feeding? Please help??
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2012, 10:29:11 am »
How are you going with pumping while feeding?

Have you done breast compressions? That can help when milk flow slows down and bub gets impatient.

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Showing Appreciation 41
  • Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2012, 12:00:04 pm »
I stopped pumping when feeding because he started feeding more often an u felt like I needed to leave that second side for his next feed!

I feel kinda out my depth - like I don't have a clue what I'm doing! :(

I fed him at 9.45am and he was so sick after that I had to feed him again at 11.30 when I was taking him up for his nap. He didn't take too much though which is good because I felt empty after feeding him only 1.5hrs before!

Pah - today is not going well!
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2012, 16:21:11 pm »
Kelly, I'm sure I've said it before, but feeling 'full' (or engorged, to give it its proper name) is an indication (in the early days) that you've not fed for a while.  It's not an indicator of how much milk is there or that you're producing a lot/enough.  Once the way your body produces milk changes, it is unlikely that you will feel engorged and if you believe now that that's how you feel to have enough milk to feed, you're likely to get yourself into a panic when that feeling stops happening.

Certainly before around 12 weeks, the best way to build supply is to feed often.  For the first couple of days you probably will wonder if you're producing enough milk, but you ARE.  The more you feed, the more milk you will have, ultimately.

Big hugs.  BF is such a psychological thing.  You almost have to continually tell yourself (and believe it) that your body knows what it's doing and can and will sustain and satisfy your baby.  You're doing great. :-*
*** Amanda ***

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2012, 20:02:42 pm »
just wanted to drop off soem hugs kelly...my internet has been giving some serious grief lately so i'm trying to catch up on thigns now....
the early days are the hardest with the BFing hun, i really do believe that. like amanda saya, you're doing great!each day at a time....hugs.xxx

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2012, 20:35:19 pm »
Hang in there Kelly, it's hard and it sucks but you have to keep telling yourself you can do it. The ladies here really know what they are talking about and they got me through so many BF crises, so when they say you should keep calm because even if you don't feel full there is still milk being produced they are right for sure.

Re pumping, if you chose a time you pump every day, eg after the morning feed when you have the most milk, your body will adjust and quickly start producing more milk at that time. You can just pump a tiny bit a first and freeze it if you are worried LO will go hungry at his next feed, and slowly increase the amount every few days so your body has time to catch up with production.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2012, 04:49:03 am »
Re pumping, if you chose a time you pump every day, eg after the morning feed when you have the most milk, your body will adjust and quickly start producing more milk at that time. You can just pump a tiny bit a first and freeze it if you are worried LO will go hungry at his next feed, and slowly increase the amount every few days so your body has time to catch up with production.
So true!

You really are doing fabulously well Kelly.  :)