Author Topic: 8.5 MO Bottle Refusal  (Read 1224 times)

Offline theu.s.lees

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
8.5 MO Bottle Refusal
« on: May 21, 2013, 16:03:09 pm »
Please help! I'm starting up a new job this week (only 2 days a week, but still) and I'd just like to be away from S for longer than a couple of hours wo worrying that she's not eating enough. S won't take a bottle at all! It doesn't matter if it is formula or EBM. We tried a different kind of formula as well, but she won't take it. I'm running out of EBM stock and to the point where pumping isn't as easy to get much. We tried a sippy cup and that works a little bit, but she's not very good at the sippy cup and will only take water or EBM. Sometimes we have to just syringe feed it to her or mix it with her cereal to get it into her. But that doesn't help for the MOTN!

Also, M had a bottle of soy milk the other day and she grabbed it and started chugging it. It took me a minute to realize that she had it, but she was drinking it just fine. Of course we're not supposed to give her soy milk yet, but that proved that she can drink from a bottle.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 8.5 MO Bottle Refusal
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 17:51:46 pm »
Have you tried a straw cup?  That was the only type I could ever get ds to drink from. 

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 18:42:51 pm »
I'd probably either try with another cup or persist a bit more with the sippy cup.  If she's getting on with that a bit then there's only room for improvement :)
*** Amanda ***

Offline theu.s.lees

• Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 18:40:43 pm »
I will try with the sippy cup to give her more practice. I've been trying it with water at least and that's okay. And I will look into a straw cup, we don't have one of those. Any recommendations for the best kind?

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 01:51:14 am »
We had ones similar to these: http://www.target.com/p/playtex-monsters-straw-cup-1-pack/-/A-14297018#prodSlot=medium_1_60&term=straw+cup+baby
but really, anything similar would work fine for us. 

Offline ashley10

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 04:27:29 am »
It took me a long time to get DS2 onto a bottle but for me it was offering at every feed and it was the Playtex drop-ins with latex bottle that worked for us and Aptamil (in Aus). Keep trying I know how hard it is.