Author Topic: 14 month old ideas  (Read 789 times)

Offline Teacher parents

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 30, 2013, 04:41:52 am »
My wife and I are both high school teachers and 1st time parents so it's difficult to come up with a routine that works. Emma Grace is 14 months (as of July 2013) and we're trying to figure out a good schedule for her for now and when we both go back to work in a few weeks since E will be staying with my mother during the day. We know we probably messed up since E's current schedule is:

6:30-8:30: wakes up
30 minutes after: bottle of milk
15-30 after milk: breakfast then playtime
11:15-11:30: bottle of milk
noon-2 or 3: nap
Same process for lunch as breakfast: bottle then solids shortly after
5:30: bottle milk
6:00-6:30: dinner
6:45-7:00 applesauce+3tbs oatmeal
7:15-7:30: bath time, stories, prayers, songs (usually A,B,C's and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star since they are the same melody)
8:00: bedtime

Lately though she's been waking up anywhere between 3:30am-5:30am and very fussy. If we need to go in and soothe her she'll fuss even more so sometimes we try a bottle and then she's back out. Some nights, like tonight when we put her to bed, she'll get so upset that she'll vomit...a lot. Tonight was the worst, though. Projectile and then it kept coming. It took almost 2 more hours to get her cleaned up and back to sleep. We are WAY open to suggestions.

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: 14 month old ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:50:46 am »
Hi how are you going! Welcome to the boards! I've posted this into your own thread as it's easier to give advice in one place. What's your main issue currently- the eating routine?The wakings? That will give me an idea of where this is best placed!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 14 month old ideas
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 12:08:06 pm »
The one thing that stands out to me about her routine is that she is having an awful lot of milk! From 12 months they only need 12-14oz of dairy to get their needs met and that doesn't have to be liquid milk the dairy in her food counts. Most toddlers are on a wake-up milk drink and a bedtime milk drink, you need to be moving away from bottles now too.

What foods is she eating? She should be eating the same foods as you now (minus salt) and mostly self feeding, if she is filling up on milk and not getting enough calories from foods that may be a factor in the night waking.

Laura