Author Topic: 12 month sleep issue  (Read 814 times)

Offline Jendodds

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:19:47 am »
Hey everyone,

My dd is 12 1/2 months. Normal sleeping is great - bar teething etc.

Easy is 7/8am wake

1030/11 nap ( I know this is generally too early but it's a battle to extend so I try to do activities out and about but she generally falls asleep in car or pram!!)

If we're out it's only a 1/2 hr / 45m nap in house could be 1 hr / 1.5hrs

I try not to let her nap past 3 but this isn't always successful!

Normal bedtime 7/730 settles well herself. Wakens normally hr or s after but settles with a drink.

Anyho, my problem is now for past 3 nights she's been rolling onto her back, she's a tummy sleeper has been since 5weeks. She can roll back not tummy but chooses not too. She then kicks all covers off and is cold and cranky. Screams and shouts u til I come in, roll her over again! 8 times this happened last night!!! Iam exhausted. She woke up grumpy at 7 am. And is now back sleeping again and it's only 820!

Help!! I know today will be messed up because she's sleeping so early. But she was exhausted and were at my mil to it so it will be a later bedtime !

Thanks in advance x

Offline Bex09

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: 12 month sleep issue
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:14:38 am »
Have you tried a sleeping bag like the Grobag? That way your DD won't be able to throw off the covers and get cold. As for the rolling onto her back, if she can roll back I wouldn't roll her over, as she probably needs to get used to sorting herself out. So if she cries I would still go to her to settle her but leave her on her back so that she can learn to get herself comfy.

Is your DD having just one nap a day now? If she naps early and it is a short nap do you do a CN or an EBT? The waking an hr after bed and the NW could be OT. What do you think?

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
Re: 12 month sleep issue
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 18:26:58 pm »
I agree - sounds like she might not be quite ready for just 1 nap yet.

Have you read this?
From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old