Author Topic: 16mo Waking up every night  (Read 1242 times)

Offline lyndseyann04

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:46:18 am »
Hello my son is almost 17 months old and since he has been ill all over Xmas and is just getting over tonsillitis he is up through the night. but this has been going on before he was even ill so about 4 months now of this.

He has one nap during the morning say from 9-11 or 10 -12 then he goes to bed by 6.30 or 7pm he always has a bath and he goes to bed no problem, then it gets to 10pm and the fun starts, he will wake either half hour or hourly crying, he wants me to pick him up and bring him downstairs. So tonight he was up again at the same time i made sure he was OK and was comfortable and he settled off OK then 30 Min's later the same, i did think maybe he is having nightmares but most of the time its just winging that gets into proper crying if i just don't pick him up, So i ended up picking him up and coming downstairs for an hour where he just repeated hiya to me over and over while yawning, so i changed him kept everything quiet and put him back up that was at 1am and now its nearly 3am and the crying is now getting less. His cot is in my room and i don't have anywhere else too put it, i have a 3 year old as well and tbh I'm abs exhausted any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lyndsey xx

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: 16mo Waking up every night
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 13:17:21 pm »
What time is he up in the morning? That is an early nap for his age, I would expect he is OT from the long A time to bed.

Could you post his day for the last 24 hours please including NWings.

Also - has he ever been an independent sleeper?

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline lyndseyann04

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 15:34:24 pm »
sorry what is OT?

He gets up at 7am and then he will want to nap either 9.30-11.30 or 10.30 till 12.

then he goes to bed between 6.30-7pm and sleeps fine till 10pm

Today he didnt want to have a nap this morning although he was up several times in the night, he has gone down at 2pm for a nap today instead, he used to always sleep great be put in his cot and he would settle off lovely

the last 24 have been

up at 7.30am
nap 10.30-12.30
bed at 7pm
then up hourly through the night untill about 5am till he slept through till 7.00am

Offline *Becky*

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 13:18:38 pm »
OT means over tired, I think because his A time after the nap is pretty long for his age. If it were me I would stretch the nap out to more like 11am and then if he slept 11-1/1.30pm he could go to bed at 6.3o/7pm ish. What do you think?

Offline lyndseyann04

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 09:42:04 am »
hey well what ive tried for the last two nights is giving him an afternoon nap from say 2-4 then he has been going to sleep between 7-7.30 and he slept through both nights so fingers crossed thats worked!

Offline *Becky*

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 07:31:40 am »
ok great - so what's his total day sleep?