Author Topic: restless sleeper?? Help please  (Read 883 times)

Offline gotmygirl1106

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 28, 2014, 13:52:38 pm »
I am so so very 'lost'.  My DD has NEVER been an overly great sleeper/napper - but by sticking to a routine and a little CO from time to time; we have made it this far.  But I thought that by 1 year old she would have figured out how to soothe and go back to sleep (she does move about her crib and find her dummy at times).  She is what I call a "restless sleeper".  Sometimes she just has a quick cry-out in bed (like she is having a dream or something) and goes back to sleep.  Other times this goes on and off for the entire night!  I would love to just say teeth, etc....but its all the time; just varying degrees of restlessness.  We are ALL about routine and have been since my first son was born; so I kinda thought I would be able to figure this one out....but I am at a loss.  I just want her to have a restful night (so that I can too).  Have any of you had this with one of your children?  When will she outgrow this?  Do I try a white noise machine?  Open to many suggestions!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: restless sleeper?? Help please
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 03:36:34 am »
Hi there,

Sounds like your LO is over 1... how old is she? Would you be able to post your daytime routine?

Also because your dd is 1yo, I'll pop this in the Sleeping for Toddlers section for you  :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:39:00 am by Layla »

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline HenaV

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
  • My shining light
Re: restless sleeper?? Help please
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:34:58 am »
Hi there!

How old is your LO? Can you post your LOs day in EAS format?

Thanks

Hena x

Offline gotmygirl1106

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 13:03:10 pm »
Yes, she was 1 middle of January; and has never been a 'sleeper'.

I get her out of bed around 6:30 (she is often awake before this; but I leave her to entertain herself until what I consider a more suitable time).
Bottle and play
8:00 - breakfast
10:00 - nap.  Sometimes this is 40 minutes; sometimes 2 hours....more often only 40min-1hour though
11-12 - wake.  lunch.  play
3:00 - nap.  Again....1-2 hours depending on the morning nap
5:00 - wake
5:30-6:00 - supper
7:00 - bath
7:30-8 - bottle and bed

**there have been many days when she only naps 1 hour all day.  And is still awake early and wakes throughout the night.