Author Topic: 13 month still wakes up multiple times through the night  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Lrentz

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
13 month still wakes up multiple times through the night
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:58:46 am »
My daughter has a lot of trouble going to sleep.  There have been barely a few nights in the past 4 months that she hasn't cried to go to bed.  I thinks she despises sleeping now.  Lately she been only wanting to take one nap during the day around 12 to 2pm.  Then she fights to go to sleep or just contany cries when I try to put her down for the night at 8pm.  I'm tired of her crying every night and decided I'm going to go with the flow and see what she does. For the past couple of nights she's been going to sleep at 11 naturally and with out too much crying.  Then she wakes up around 3am, at which point there is no calming her down. She just cries bloody murder no matter what I do to calm her down.  Then I give her a bottle of water which calms her right awash, but then she is constantly sucking on air, and if I try to slowly remove the bottle she is instant up and screaming again.  I don't want to leave the bottle with her because it seems like she isn't actuLly sleeping.  She is constantly moving and shaking the bottle around and scratching herself. 

I'm tired and so sad to see her cry all the time. I want her to just sleep well. 

Should I just let her have the bottle in her mouth all night? Should I give her pack back?  She's been off it since 9 months now

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: 13 month still wakes up multiple times through the night
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:27 pm »
Hugs, sounds like a rough time for you both.
Could you post her routine in EAS format so we can see what might be going on.

Is she teething or in some sort of discomfort do you think?

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Lrentz

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 15:48:00 pm »
Sorry didn't see your reply,  but sleep is still an issue with my lo.  She has no set schedule anyore jet because I'm trying to follow her cues.  She doesn't cry as much when I just let her eep when she likes, but she still wakes up at night multiple times.  Here is a rough schedule

9:30 wake up

Nap at 12 pm for 1-2 hours

Nap again at 5pm for 1-2 hrs

In bed by 10:30pm

Wakes at 1 am I give her water, wakes again around 5am I give her either water or milk

She naturally wanted to go to sleep later and later at night. I used to put her to sleep by 7pm, but she used to cry a lot

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 18:36:22 pm »
Are you happy with the late BT? It is pretty late, would you like help to get it to a more reasonable time?
At this age around 2.5-3 hours day sleep is plenty, anything more can rob from the night..so...

Could you try this?
A - 9.30am
Nap - 12-12.30pm
Nap - 3-4.30/5pm
BT - 9-9.30pm

what do you think?

At this age she should not really need a night feed - is she breast fed? If not I would really try to avoid giving anything when she wakes as it 'could' be becoming a habit.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!