Author Topic: 20 month old EW 5am for over a week! Help me :-)  (Read 1137 times)

Offline mdittmer

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
20 month old EW 5am for over a week! Help me :-)
« on: June 01, 2014, 18:26:26 pm »
Hi everyone.  Here are the details.  C used to sleep like and champ and has since about 7 month.  She has always been an early riser (6:30ish) which is fine.  The last week she was sick with a bit of a cold and her naps/sleep has suffered.  Here is her normal schedule.

W-6:30/6:45
E-7am breakfast
E-9ish snack
E-11-11:30 lunch
S-12-1:15/1:30 (she's never been a long napper. Every once in a while she will nap for 2 hours but it is usually a little over an hour most days and she always wakes happy and rested)
E-2:30/3 snack
E-5:30 dinner/ 6:30ish some whole milk in sippy cup
S-7:30pm

She's always slept about 11 hours at night.  Always has woken up happy.  The first few days I thought maybe she was just uncomfortable with her runny nose, etc. but now it seems like she just wakes around 5:15 screaming, wants to be picked up and go downstairs to play.  I've tried going in and trying to rock her back to sleep, going in and laying on the floor next to her or going in and telling her it's not time to get up yet and leaving. None have worked.  She either cries a bit and then settles down but sits and won't sleep until I come in around 6:45 or she will just whine/cry out on and off or she will start to get hysterical so we have to go in.  I don't want to get into a bad habit and she knows how to put herself to sleep.  Any advice?  I've moved her nap up some and bedtime hoping that would help.  Naps were still short (not even an hour) but she did sleep from 6:40pm-5:20am.

Suggestions? Advice?  She is definitely now and always has been spirited :-)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 20 month old EW 5am for over a week! Help me :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:17:11 am »
Do you think this could be teething? Any molars or canines coming?

How long has the nap been at 12? She may need a later nap...but first we may need to catch her up from OT as a result of hit he ew.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.