Author Topic: 18 Month Old Keeps Waking at Night  (Read 785 times)

Offline abonciani

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 01, 2014, 13:26:29 pm »
Hi Everyone,

As a disciple of the baby whisperer, I thought I would come here for some advise.  My first child has been an amazing sleeper after using baby whisperer as a guideline, however my second child has not been as amazing.

My 18 month old had been sleeping well through the night up until 3/4 months ago and now seems to be routinely waking up, at first once a night, but now several times a night and I need to sit with her to sleep.  Some nights I sit with her once (for 10-20 mins) and she ends up sleeping the rest of the night.  She is in her crib and I sit on a chair in the room. Other nights she wakes 2-3 times and requires me to sit with her for 40-60 mins.  Needless to say it has been pretty rough on the family.

As per the board rules, here is some background information, any help/advice would be most welcome:

- Child is 18 months old
- Routine: Wake up around 7am, first nap around 10/11am, second nap around 2/3pm (but sometimes is missed), Bedtime at 7pm
- Naps are between 40 - 75 mins
- Bedtime routine is bath / story / BF / to sleep and takes approx 30 mins to sleep with me sitting in the rooom
- Child is breastfed, both sides approx 10 mins
- Child wakes 1-4 times per night (90% of the time she needs me to come sit with her to sleep)
- Child wakes screaming/crying
- Child is usually crying when I go to her.
- To settle I usually pick up/put down, if not working I change diaper, and then put her back in her crib.
- Activity can be around the house with toys/tv or at a playplace, usually its 2 hours
- Currently teething and learning to speak (have also been giving advil/tylenol for teething.
- Child is on solids
- No prop/lovie

Thanking everyone who can give some insight in advance.

Sleepless in T.O.

Offline kurbsky

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 13:57:35 pm »
Hello

I am having exactly the same thing... he wakes up really worked up - it has been going on a while and sometimes I think it is teething but other times I don't know - it's been too long for it to be only teeth... we are in a bad habit of just putting him in our bed because we got too trie to just sit by the cot till he fell asleep.  Now I am scared there's no going back from that!

I just posted a similar question today about it all so I will keep an eye on your post too and if I try antyihng and it works amazingly then I will let you know! 

k

Offline abonciani

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 15:15:02 pm »
Thanks I appreciate it

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 18 Month Old Keeps Waking at Night
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 12:22:00 pm »
Hi hun, I'm just going to move this over to the toddler board x