Author Topic: Talk me down! I'm seconds away from buying formula! (3.5 wk old)  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Mrsb3

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Talk me down! I'm seconds away from buying formula! (3.5 wk old)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 15:34:45 pm »
Wow were they ff exclusively too?

Offline Mrsb3

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 15:40:27 pm »
Wow were they ff exclusively too? I know giving formula at night or combi feeding dosent make them sttn but it is rare for an exclusively ff baby to not go at least 8 hours by 6 months. I tell you 8 hours I wouldn't know what to do with now lol my 6 month old bf baby gets me up bang on every 3 hours! Hoping this will get better after a year when her growth rate slows down...

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 15:50:52 pm »
Hey Mrsb3, you might like to start a thread of your own on this board.  Waking every 3 hours overnight isn't usual for bf babies, so maybe feeding routine needs a tweak or there's something else going on.  Might be worth discussing it on a thread of your own.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Mrsb3

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 19:12:41 pm »
Actually it's very normal for a breastfed baby to wake every 3 hours 3-4 times a night if you breastfeed for nurture as well a nutrition. What happens is we are told to feed on demand when our babies are born and because your milk helps them sleep you then get in to comfort feeding/sucking and they wake up a lot to comfort feed and get back to sleep. It's only sleep training boards/books etc.. like here where we can get advice and change the patterns. Otherwise totally normal for a bf baby to wake often through the night. Personally I am just waiting for this 6 month growth spurt to end so I can start to feed her purely for neutrinon.

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 19:44:41 pm »
I'm pretty sure I BF for nurture :) still am ;)

Sounded like you were asking for some assistance but fair enough if you feel you're making the right decision for you and your family.  There are other ways of doing it tho, while BF babies might need NFs during a GS, waking every 3 hours would I think generally be considered a prop around here.  Must be tiring!  All my original message to you was meant to do was recommend that if you *do* want to discuss it, it's best to start your own thread. :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 20:36:41 pm by weaver »
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.