Author Topic: in pain?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline sunflower321

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 16, 2015, 17:28:54 pm »
My 4 and a half week old baby, for the past 3 nights gap been waking every 20 minutes and shouting. Her face goes red and she stretches her body and seems in a lot of discomfort. Sometimes she passes gas. I was going to try gripe water but wondered is this something that can happen to a baby who only has breastmilk?

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: in pain?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 20:24:58 pm »
Yes ebf babies can definitely get wind. Do you wind her after each feed?

My almost 4wo DD gets lots of wind, I believe, due to my fast let down.  Do you think this could be an issue for you? 

I prefer infacol to gripe water as I found 5 ml of gripe water impossible to give and the infacol dose is only 0.5ml.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline sunflower321

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 22:01:08 pm »
I wasn't even sure it was wind. She does burp after almost every feed. She's actually a much better burper than my first dd. It's coincided with a growth spurt. I don't know if that's significant. For the past 2 or 3 days she's drinking loads. Bigger volumes and more frequently. Would the increased milk be causing discomfort or maybe just causing wind

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: in pain?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 22:21:35 pm »
If she eats too much it could give her a tummy ache I guess but she'd probably be sick and that shouldn't really happen on a regular basis unless it is caused by wind
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline newmomagain

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 13:59:29 pm »
Honey I know what you are go in thru, mine is now 3 months and EBF get COLIC CALM at Cvs it works! Groundwater only worked for his hiccups and I still keep around but the other works on gas and it is expensive but worth every bit. Don't be alarmed when his poppies get dark it is the carbon I believe but I promise it is natural and works