Author Topic: 15 months and still waking a lot at night - help!  (Read 1498 times)

Offline CrystleJ

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
15 months and still waking a lot at night - help!
« on: January 17, 2015, 04:27:44 am »
Hello everyone,

Im new to this forum but Im looking for some advice/help. my lo is 15 months old and wakes a lot at night...on a Very Good night we have 2 wakings (these happen one every 2-3 months and only happen once or twice) otherwise she still wakes up every 2-3 hours or on a bad night every 20-30 mins.

Ok so the info:

She's 15 months
Had a traumatic birth
An early waker (wakes between 5-6 every day without fail)
She has breakfast at 7:30 and eats well but is allergic to dairy (its milder now in comparison to at bury). Because of her allergy she was on a formula that was disgusting and shed only ever have 2-3oz or enough to get through 2 hours (on a good day) so really she was hungry a lot and woke a lotat night. at 7 months we put her on soya milk... this was god send as she drank it and began eating really well but iy was as if she was making up for not getting nice milk before this.
Its been hard removing the bottles and milk as there are 3 that the is dead firm on.
When she was 11 months she got very sick and decided she no linger wanted her dummy - we though great no need to wean but upped her bottle (note not the feed just the requirement for the bottle). I've been strict and tried for 4 weeks not to give in to the bottle demands but despite pretty much screaming the whole night for those 4 weeks she didn't once settle.
She is very active in the day, fresh air, nursery, swimming but always has a 1.5 - 2 hour nap at 12

Dinners at 4.30/5 and this is when wind down time begins, bath at 6 at 6.20 get dressed with all the lights low or off and then we go downstairs for bedtime milk...
 we do have in the night garden on but have found this foes actually settle her and at 6:50 we go yo Veda...
Awake but chilled out! She settles herself.
Guaranteed waking before 10 (on a good night) and if she doesn't settle then that means every 20-30mins for rest of the night.
If she settles then wakes at 1 and then 3,4,5....
When she wakes she is always screaming... no mantra crying and she doesn't self soothe if you leave it shell literally scream he rest of the night (thatswhat she did for 4 weeks solid)
she has a teddy and a blankie that she favours - always with her at sleep times.
Only way to settle her is bottle (2 oz milk) have tried water.... no go!
She might be teething at the moment but this waking is nothing new.
We've tried so many routines etc and nothing makes a difference.
We for not believe in CIO but have been n a position where we can say she can cry all night with Jo difference.

Please can i have any advice on this, Im losing my mind and Im back at work full time and permanently sick because so exhausted and expecting number 2 in July.

Crystle

She is guaranteed to wake before

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: 15 months and still waking a lot at night - help!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 16:50:56 pm »
I am going to move you to the toddler sleep board, hope it's ok.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 21:03:10 pm »
It really sounds to me like discomfort/pain...you said she is dairy intolerant, is she off of all dairy? Could she have other intolerances or allergies (or reflux?). Some lo's like small feeds often to soothe their throat from reflux, but none of my kids had reflux, just lots of intolerances!
Heidi

Offline CrystleJ

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 20:31:10 pm »
Thank you for your reply. We have considered other allergies and with the dairy allergy (she's having no dairy at all) we have tested other things and she doesn't react to anything else. The doctors considered asthma but haven't taken it further despite my nervous breakdown in their office.

As a baby I did consider reflux and I honestly believed she had it mildly but thought she'd grown out of it. Sometimes when she wakes she screams until you go in then laughs but then cries until you soothe her which can take a long time

We have tried just giving her water to soothe her throat and giving her the bottle as comfort but this just gets thrown across the room.

Discomfort does sound logical though so will keep at the doctors for tests!

Thank you again X