Author Topic: 4 mo 4 hourly feeds too soon - maybe causing nws?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline CoraDora

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 mo 4 hourly feeds too soon - maybe causing nws?
« on: January 29, 2015, 21:15:58 pm »
Hi,

My little boy is EBF and recently seemed to want to go longer between feeds. However, we have had over a week of hourly nws and I wonder if part of this has been caused by not consuming enough in the day. His routine needs a lot of work and he relies on a lot of props but before we do any ST, I want to eliminate this as an issue.

My question is how do I get him feeding more in the day - when should I offer him a feed? Do I go back to three hourly? Should I not feed him as much in the night so that he has more of an appetite in the day?

I'd love some advice x

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: 4 mo 4 hourly feeds too soon - maybe causing nws?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 04:46:36 am »
Sounds to me like your night wakings are more of an routine issue than hunger, since you mention that he wants to go longer between feeds. I usually feed on wake up from naps. One way that I knew that DD was ready to go to 4 hours was that she wasn't hungry before that. But basically, if she showed me hunger cues, I would feed her irrespective of the time. Could you post your daily routine?

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 04:51:37 am »
Just wanted to clarify- a 4 month old definitely still needs night feeds but the waking up hourly sounds like discomfort or a routine issue. Does he have an issue with reflux?

Offline CoraDora

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 16:14:52 pm »
He doesn't have an issue with reflux so I guess it's because he's Captain Cat Nap of Propsville, which is causing these nws. I guess until we ST all the props away and get him having longer naps, then these nws will continue.