Author Topic: 18 MO habitual wakings?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Mommabird

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 11, 2015, 16:31:58 pm »
My 18 lo hasn't slept throught the night in 6 months!!! She is self soothing but is having very broken night sleep, I'm looking for some advice/ideas for fewer NW. Her schedule is as follows....
W 7:00
Nap 12:15-2:30
Bath/bed 7:20

She is waking around 9:30pm cries for 1-2 mins then falls asleep on her own, wakes at 12:30 cries for 2-3 mins falls asleep on her own, wakes at 5:00.... I give her a 4oz bottle and she goes back to sleep until 7. She's been seeming tired throught the day and I'm waking her at 7am to maintain our schedule. I want to get rid of the bottle but I'm afraid of even more broken sleep between 5-7am. Cutting down to 3 oz from today on.... I've tried a couple EBT, which she refuses unless we are up for atleast 12 hours, I've tried letting her nap until 3 and push BT later(7:30-7:45) and I get even more wakings 4-5 in a night(UT)? Eye teeth are a factor but she seems just fine during the day, no meds required. These wakings have been going on for 3-4 months in some variation... Any advice will be appreciated!!!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 18 MO habitual wakings?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 03:26:01 am »
Sometimes teeth do bother them at night even when they seem fine in the day - no distractions or play so any discomfort is front and center. Your day looks nice and balanced, personally I would want to try pain meds at bedtime just to see and to keep the nap as it is (there can be a sleep regression around this age too). If you get more nw's from letting the nap run long that probably is ut.
Heidi

Offline Mommabird

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:52 pm »
So things have not improved😔 we gave pain meds 3 nights in a row with no effect. I feel like it's schedule related... Last night was brutal she was awake every 1 1/2-2 hours for 5-10 mins, down to 2.5oz bottle at 4:30 am with more Advil, we are having extremely restless sleep in the AM and EW 5:45-6. The last couple nights she seems tired by 6-6:15, but I've been pushing through to 7:00-7:10 BT to avoid UT, last night I put her down at 6:40 because she seemed bagged, but now I'm feeling like that was too early.... Ughhhhh. Can't seem to get it right. What about pushing her nap later in the day for less A time before bed? I know sleep regression can be a factor now, but this has been going on for soooo long already....

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 18 MO habitual wakings?
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 04:18:00 am »
How was the night with an ebt? Some kids do really well with ebt, mine never did though...here just keeping to routine through teeth and regressions worked best.
Heidi