Author Topic: Help me with DD's latch?  (Read 6116 times)

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
Re: Help me with DD's latch?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 01:35:18 am »
Definitely just pumped to relieve some pressure!

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 05:32:04 am »
Just if you're feeling any tearing or searing pain while she's feeding, pull her straight off. I lost a piece of my nipple from just gritting my teeth through the pain with the cracks. Hope the LC is helpful for you tomorrow xx

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 16:06:55 pm »
Just if you're feeling any tearing or searing pain while she's feeding, pull her straight off. I lost a piece of my nipple from just gritting my teeth through the pain with the cracks. Hope the LC is helpful for you tomorrow xx

OUCH!

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 13:18:26 pm »
:( I wasn't able to get to the lactation group yesterday. My mom was supposed to take both older LOs to the beach but DS really did not want to go and wanted to stay with mommy. So I really could not take him with me and the baby to the group. He needed the mommy time though and took a long nap on the couch lying with me at one point which he probably really needed as well.

On the bright side, my nipples are healing and feel mostly better. Also, my milk seems to be regulating a little better so engorgement is lessening and I didn't have to pump yesterday.

So if I can get DD to latch deeper and stay on that way I should be in good shape. :) I'll keep working at it and hope to make next week's lactation meeting!

binxyboo

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 18:14:51 pm »
Sounds like things are on the upswing! And bless your little ds napping beside you. That's a really sweet image.

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 18:48:46 pm »
Glad things are healing up. :) and aw DS, how lovely.

Just a word of caution to go easy on the pumping, you don't want to stimulate even more milk, so try not to rely on it too much. Maybe a bit of hand expressing to see if that helps.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 20:40:28 pm »
Glad those nipples are healing and supply regulating, sounds like things are improving :)

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 17:22:12 pm »
Just a word of caution to go easy on the pumping, you don't want to stimulate even more milk, so try not to rely on it too much. Maybe a bit of hand expressing to see if that helps.

Thank you. I was worried about the same. I tried hand expressing some in the shower the other day and I really couldn't relieve any pressure. I haven't had to pump at all since I think Tuesday or Wednesday, so the supply has settled down a lot. Phew. :)

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 02:37:54 am »
Put your thumb in her palm, either one or both, and gently press your thumb into her palm, she should open her mouth and turn her face towards that side.  Do try different hand and both.  Let me know how she responds to the stimulation on her palm.  If it doesn't work, I can try to work something else out.  HTH x

Meant to let you know that I tried this a couple of times but she didn't seem to open her mouth.

Otherwise, she is taking longer feeds, my supply is regulating and my nipples are doing good. She still does the nipple roll thing but isn't clamping down anymore. She also still has a shallow latch. I've been trying the cross cradle but find I lean forward for some reason and am uncomfortable.

I'm also finding it difficult to get to the lactation group with my other two.