Author Topic: 12 month EASY -how will I know when to drop to 1 nap?  (Read 1499 times)

Offline mhatlas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
12 month EASY -how will I know when to drop to 1 nap?
« on: October 24, 2015, 20:26:41 pm »
Up until recently our EASY routine has looked like this (on the good days, give or take 15-30 minutes in the sleep times on the bad days).

7am up, 6-8oz bottle
8am solids
10:30am wind down, asleep by 11
12:15pm up I just got rid of her 4-6oz bottle here
12:30pm solids
3:30pm nap
5pm up, 6-8oz bottle
6pm dinner
8pm bed

However, the second nap has become more difficult lately. The last couple of days, she has gotten 0 sleep. I don't want to push the nap back too much, as I don't want to interfere with bedtime. She seems SO tired, but just won't go all the way to sleep. Her first birthday will be this Wednesday.

TIA.

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: 12 month EASY -how will I know when to drop to 1 nap?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 01:48:11 am »
It definitely sounds like you are in the 2-1. We just hit that stage too. DS was taking 2 good 1.5 hr naps and then started fighting the pm nap like crazy. I opted to cap the first nap at 40-45 minutes and bring the second nap earlier. it worked great for a few days but now I think I need to cap that nap even more. With the way your day is, I think it might work better to slowly push that first nap later and offer the last nap later (it will likely be a short nap) until you run out of time for the second nap. Are you waking her from that first nap? If you are, I would try letting her sleep - she may surprise you and do a 2-3 hour nap and would then just be ready for an earlier BT.

Here are a great link:
From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline mhatlas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 10:26:53 am »
Thanks for your response. I was waking her at 1.5 hours, but most of the time, right when I start thinking "should I wake her? " She wakes up on her own. I will stop waking her and see how it goes. Of course, her birthday party is today, so no changes today!

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 19:13:59 pm »
Enjoy the party!
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014