Author Topic: Ouch!!!  (Read 1251 times)

Offline LuluBaby

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:42:04 am »
My DD is 7weeks and it has just starting becoming "painful" when nursing! Like a pinching feeling >.< not unbearable but definitely not comfortable!!! Why would this start all of a sudden? I kind of feel like my supply is getting low as well :( could the discomfort be from her sucking harder because of lower supply? (I'm thinking my supply is lower because she didn't seem satisfied with her bedtime feedings these last couple nights and I've at to offer both sides)

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Ouch!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 10:52:40 am »
You're right around a growth spurt, so if she's feeding more often and for longer - this will have the effect of upping your supply in a couple of days as your breasts adjust to the new demands - you might well feel some soreness. Massage with hot compresses (I used a sock filled with rice that I heated in the microwave), or use cool packs to soothe irritated nipples as needed.

Keep an eye out for thrush or mastitis, but keep feeding on demand for now; odds are that things will resolve within the next few days. If the discomfort goes all the way to pain, check with your doctor/HV.

Offline LuluBaby

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 17:16:19 pm »
Good to know!! Thank you!!!   :)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Ouch!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 19:31:41 pm »
This is interesting. I've started experiencing similar with my 5month old. I thought it might be thrush but it's only on 1 side and no sign of anything in her mouth.

I've made an appointment with my GP for Friday & am applying Lansinoh but am hoping it resolves before I get to GP
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD