Author Topic: Feeding every hour and sleeping on me  (Read 6084 times)

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Feeding every hour and sleeping on me
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 16:23:27 pm »
Ah, got it - hadn't worked out you were feeding again at naptime (I'm cutting back on coffee so I'm slow on the uptake LOL). So if you give her a paci instead of the breast, no go? Around 3-4 months I did have to do a sort of "snack feed" at naptime; I just offered one breast and that was enough to suit her. Maybe offer one breast and then paci if she still seems to want to suckle? Give your other breast time to refill properly.

Green poos can also be a sign of a food intolerance, so she could be reacting to something in your diet. I was cutting out dairy while nursing DD2 and drinking rice milk instead, and I didn't realize that the brand we were using had carageenan in it, and we got green poos from that so I had to switch out for a few months. (It was the lovely ladies here that pointed out the possibility!) Dairy and soy are common food intolerances; if her tummy is bothering her, the discomfort might explain the short-napping and inability to extend the nap.

Just throwing out some ideas here.

Offline Fisher001

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 09:30:36 am »
Paci instead of breast at nap time has worked a couple of times, hooray. I've also given her a mini feed followed by popping the paci in and it's worked! Thanks. Breasts feel much better for it.

Hadn't thought about food allergies or intolerance. I drink a lot of milk during the day so will cut it out for a week and see what happens.

Thanks deb

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 09:36:55 am »
Yay, progress!

Now I think of it, green poos might also be related to foremilk-hindmilk imbalance, so as she starts taking fuller feeds you might see a decrease in green poo as well.

Hope the rest of the day goes well!