Author Topic: Pu/pd and night feeds  (Read 1474 times)

Offline mom23

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 02, 2017, 14:01:47 pm »
We're starting Easy tomorrow. LO is 4mos old and we're starting with a 3.15 easy. He's just started going that long between feeds and I'm not looking to push it too far in that regard. My question is for nights. We currently cosleep so he's used to waking up and snacking back to sleep. It's most definitely a sleep prop but because he's so used to eating all night I'm not sure about eliminating night feeds all together. How do I know when he's actually hungry? Do I just pick a time? Sorry I'm sure this sounds like a silly question but I feel like he's going to root around the whole night during every pu and I'm not going to know when it's legit.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Pu/pd and night feeds
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 23:50:53 pm »
Hi, how's it going?

He will definitely need some feeds at night at this age for nutrition so I'd feed if it's been more than a few hours since the last feed or if he is not resettling without after about 5-10minutes to start with. You may find teaching sleep in the day helps the night wakings too. How many times does he currently wake to feed at night would you say? Are you wanting to continue co-sleeping?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011