Author Topic: Not sure how well my dream feed is going . . .  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Kpop

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Not sure how well my dream feed is going . . .
« on: March 24, 2017, 14:11:43 pm »
Hi All!

So i have a 12 week old and am following 2.5/3 hour easy and doing my DF at 10;30 and things are going well!  She has actually been sleeping 830-7am with no wake ups, except for DF.  So here is my question she is in deep sleep when i go in and try and get her to latch and it takes 10 minutes or so to get her to latch, is this normal? also when she does her latch is weak and I am not sure if she is really getting a nutritious meal?  am i missing the essence of the DF? any ways to make it easier or feel like she is getting a more full meal?  just for a point of reference my daughter is a fast eater- she eats from both breasts in 10-15 minutes ( i assume this is fast as this is my first child).  I realize the point is to help her "last" till the morning, but just wondering if there is anything i can do to improve her latch during this time and feed with more gusto

THanks!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Not sure how well my dream feed is going . . .
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 20:29:00 pm »
You can try adjusting your dream feed time by about 10/15 minutes in either direction and see if it helps.  You might catch her in a different point of her sleep cycle and she won't be in as deep of a sleep.  It's ok if she's swallowing more lazily at the dreamfeed, it sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do.  :)