Author Topic: My once great eater...now eats nothing :(  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
My once great eater...now eats nothing :(
« on: August 01, 2005, 22:09:00 pm »
I really hope this is some sort of a phase, but Carmela is refusing to eat!!!!!  She is so so so so picky.  She will only eat the following:

yogurt
cheese
chicken nuggets (or Morningstar chix nuggets)
grilled cheese
peas
carrots
corn
squash
sweet potato
grapes
canteloupe
watermelon
macaroni and cheese

And that's all I can recall..notice no meat except chicken nuggets.  I offer and offer but that is all she eats.  I am stuck cooking a seperate meal for her...what should I do?  Do I keep on making her one of the above?  She barely snacks...and when she does, I make sure it's crackers, fruit or sometimes veg.

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 22:24:53 pm »
How old is your dd?  Mine is 21 months and barely eating a thing some days...  I usually give her something I know she likes and then something that she usually won't eat.  That way she's got something I know she'll eat if she's hungry and something that I'm trying to introduce.  They say it takes 17 introductions before a toddler / baby will accept a food.  Frustrating I know...hang in there!

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 22:34:29 pm »
I'm sorry I forgot to add she's 15 months old.  This is frustrating....I think I was so so so spoiled that she ate so so so well for 14 months  and now it's just a pain in the butt. .... I'll keep trying though ...thanks :)

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 00:25:17 am »
That's around the time that they really slow down I think...most kids have been walking for a bit by then or have atleast just started and are losing their baby fat.  Then their body adjusts to spending that extra energy on walking cause they get better and better and it doesn't take as much energy so their appetite drops again.  Their appetite just isn't going to be what it used to so I try not to worry about it so much.  I figure if she's hungry, she'll eat.  As long as she's sleeping and peeing/pooping ok, I wouldn't worry too much.  I'm sort of a short order cook as I said before that I give her something she likes, but I also don't do it all the time as she also gets something she doesn't love too.  She actually ate well tonight but usually it's a few bites and then she plays or wants down.  I know my pediatrician asks about her eating every time we go in and says that picky eating and less eating are very typical at this stage but to just keep trying to offer good healthy choices.  Atleast your dd likes quite a few healthy things!