i am so happy to be breastfeeding! this is my third child, he is 4 months now! (hard to believe it is going so fast) my other children are 9 and 7.
i breastfed my first son untill he was 14 months.
i breastfed my daughter untill she was 11 months (had to go back to work, and she wasn't interested anymore)
and i plan to breastfeed this little guy untill at least 1 year or so.
i am currently a "feeding friend" in my town. (a program provided by the public health services) i help out other mom's who are having a little trouble ( latching on, milk supply, and pumping) and of course answering any questions they have.
besides being the absoulute best thing in the world for a baby these are the reasons i love breastfeeding
- i love the special bond it has with your child. just knowing that no one else can feed him the way you do is special in itself
- the look in his eyes when he looks up at you and knows that you are there and he is safe and sound in mommy's arms, just melts my heart.
- when he looks up and has the biggest smile and then starts to feed again, and then look up and smile, and feed again. like it is his own special game.
- knowing that i can go anyplace in the whole wide world with him and not have to worry about bottles, warmers and such.
- knowing that his crib is right next to our bed, so that when he wakes to feed, i can feed him and he falls right back to sleep before he is wide awake.
- breastfeeding is great!