Author Topic: Almost 7 month old night waking & crying in sleep  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Mum-of-Two

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 87
Almost 7 month old night waking & crying in sleep
« on: July 07, 2006, 02:22:21 am »
I've read a lot of the posts here and it seems night waking around this age is a common subject.  My LO is waking at night again, the second time in a month.  This is just as it was a few weeks ago, when she wakes she screams a bit but instead of eventually lulling back to sleep she gets more and more upset.  I wait until I hear a particular cry then go in her room.  If her eyes are closed I try not to remove her from the crib but reposition her on her side and give her the pacifier, that usually works.  Other times, her eyes are open, I pick her up and she hugs on to me tightly as if relieved I am there and proceeds to fall almost immediately back to sleep.  She acts as though she is as annoyed to be awake as I am to be awake with her and is very quick to put her head down and go back to sleep as I stand and rock her   :-\

Because she hugs on so tight, I wonder if she has had a nightmare or is in pain?  The last time this happened we had just started introducing fruits.  I removed them from her diet and she got better.  Our pediatrician told me it was coincidence, but I am not convinced.  He thinks she had a cold.  Truthfully, she has sounded a little bit congested but it is also a few days into fruit being back in her diet again.

I don't notice a lot of wind when I go in to sooth her.  Once in awhile she will have wind in the morning.  Last night she was up quite a bit and had had a bowel movement right before bed so I don't think it is constipation.  And no signs of teeth yet so I don't think it is teething, although I do hear teething can take a long time.

We notice when she naps that she will often time cry or yell in her sleep.  She tends to nap just about anywhere and I've seen her scream, lift her head, look around, see me and go back to sleep.  At night though, I'm not there to see and maybe thats what upsets her?  I honestly don't know because last week she was lulling herself back to sleep no problem.

Any ideas?  I've even thought maybe she's having nightmares?  I know its a long shot, but does anyone have any ideas that can help me?
Like I alluded to before, I feel sorry for her, she doesn't seem to want to be awake.

Thanks!

Angels 7wks-June07, 11wks-Oct07, 5wks-Jan08

Offline Mum-of-Two

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 87
Re: Almost 7 month old night waking & crying in sleep
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 02:25:35 am »
I should mention, we've been practically textbook 4 hour easy the past few days.  Ironic that she's having night time sleep issues.  I actually think her naps are the recommended 1.5 -2 hours during the day because she's so tired from being up at night because otherwise she's historically been a 30 minute napper.

Angels 7wks-June07, 11wks-Oct07, 5wks-Jan08