Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2  (Read 75611 times)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2
« Reply #390 on: March 27, 2014, 21:40:15 pm »
Well I guess it's time for another transition.  I've had T on 2.5 A time for the last month and a bit but he's started giving himself 45min-1hr naps in the morning, a sure sign he's ready to be awake for longer.  I almost feel like he's already done the afternoon stretch himself because he wakes from his morning nap early and I make him push through until the next nap (set nap times, thank you Layla!) but the morning is so much more challenging.  If I take him out for a run, I can easily do it but I'm not going to run 7 days a week!!  Plus I'm definitely a fair-weather runner.  If it's coming down in buckets, no one's going to be happy so we skip the run.
So, if I want to move the wee man to 3 hrs of awake time, how on earth do I ensure he still get 12hrs of sleep a night?  He definitely needs it!  This is my proposed schedule
6am - WU (this will be a sad day for me, I've always had him wake at 7.  If I wake him at 7am, he won't wake from his last nap until 5pm!)
9am - S
11am - WU
2pm- S
4pm- WU
6pm - S?  (This is where I'm stumped.  He'll only have been awake for 2 hrs but if I put him to bed any later he won't get the 12hrs)

Offline lauradj

« Reply #391 on: March 27, 2014, 21:41:35 pm »
Whoa, that pink is way lighter than I expected! ^^ ::)

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #392 on: March 28, 2014, 03:35:01 am »
Haha, the pink is good!

If he needs 12hrs at night, I would aim for 2x1.5hr naps and 12hr night :-\. For example,

7am wake (if you don't want to wake him earlier)
10-11.30 - morning nap
2.30-4 - afternoon nap
7pm - bedtime

1.5hrs is restorative enough ... so I would try that.

Hth a little :)

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline lauradj

« Reply #393 on: March 28, 2014, 18:37:28 pm »
Aha!  That would help I think, I'm so used to 2hr naps that I hate to rock the boat but those 12 hrs at night are far more important.  Thanks Layla, again!  :D

Offline 3littlemen

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #394 on: April 02, 2014, 11:06:00 am »
I think we're definitely in to the 3-2 transition too. We're yet to start solids (this week though) so how do you work BF's in? Or just around naps however it happens?

Is 2 x 1.5hr pretty standard for naps? LO would like to do 2x2+hr I think on a 12hr night, but nights are all over the shop presently (due to other issues) so that might be why the longer naps....

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2014, 18:21:25 pm »
This is what we're doing now (not sure it's quite right, she's not napping as well as she used to but serious developmental stuff going on plus teeth).

Wu 6ish - I don't get her up before 6
E bf at 6ish
A
E solids breakfast at 7:30
A
E bf at 8:45
A
S 9:15-10:30
E solids
A
E bf at 12-12:30
A
S 1:45-3:30 or 3:45
E bf on waking
A
E bf
S in bed hopefully to sleep at 7.

Offline zportiss

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #396 on: April 09, 2014, 19:23:46 pm »
Hello! My 5 1/2 mo old lo started waking early about 2 weeks ago & fights the CN with all her might.  We're on day 3 of ST, and have been roughly doing the 4 hr EASY, with extra E snack during A. 

For the most part her naps are around 1:10-1:20 with an occasional 2 hr. 

Today we started the transition and extended A1 by 12 min & A2 by 26, and she did a 1:15 & 1:18 nap.   In addition we're moving BT up from 8:00 to 7:00. 

My question is, now I have 4 hrs of A until get BT....do I need a CN? That's with the new BT, so I'm nervous about moving out up further....

Thanks!
Lucky mom to sweet Brielle, born 10.23.13

Offline KIMMCGOWAN

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #397 on: May 15, 2014, 05:52:35 am »
Hi!!!! Couldi join in here for some words of wisdom????

So p is 7.5m and started to transition to 2 naps as basically my sleeper turned into a party boy every morning at 4/430!!! Happy lying there and sometimes goes back to sleep but today we reached a new low. No sleep since 430 so at 6 I got up.

We are on 3hr a time, and naps are usually 1.5hrs. It seems that if he has less than 3.5hr between last nap and bed it's party time. So on our short nap day yesterday cause of teething he had a catnap and hence this morning.

The only time he has gone through is when my mum couldn't get him to cn in the afternoon so we did early bed after 4 hr a time! Should I try this??? After weeks of this I am getting a little lost!

Oh and this is all worked round dropping off and collecting my son from morning nursery!!!!

Any thoughts much appreciated!!!!

Offline KIMMCGOWAN

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #398 on: May 15, 2014, 05:57:45 am »
Hi!!!! Couldi join in here for some words of wisdom????

So p is 7.5m and started to transition to 2 naps as basically my sleeper turned into a party boy every morning at 4/430!!! Happy lying there and sometimes goes back to sleep but today we reached a new low. No sleep since 430 so at 6 I got up.

We are on 3hr a time, and naps are usually 1.5hrs. It seems that if he has less than 3.5hr between last nap and bed it's party time. So on our short nap day yesterday cause of teething he had a catnap and hence this morning.

The only time he has gone through is when my mum couldn't get him to cn in the afternoon so we did early bed after 4 hr a time! Should I try this??? After weeks of this I am getting a little lost!

Oh and this is all worked round dropping off and collecting my son from morning nursery!!!!

Any thoughts much appreciated!!!!

« Reply #399 on: May 15, 2014, 06:10:00 am »
Medi is about the same age and we do 4 hr before bt as well. We pretty much do set naps now
Wu 6am
Nap 9:30-10:15
Nap 1:30-3
Bt 7

I like the longer a time before bed because she's good and tired ;) otherwise we get party time!

Offline KIMMCGOWAN

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2014, 13:57:54 pm »
Hmmm that's good to see... My instinct is that he is just not that tired, but I wonder if 4 hrs is too long for 7.5m. Gonna have to try something as today has been a new low!

« Reply #401 on: May 15, 2014, 17:33:12 pm »
You can try half way -3:45 maybe.

Offline Linhi

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #402 on: May 16, 2014, 14:53:40 pm »
My DD is going to turn 6m this Sun. But since last week, when put down for catnap, she cry hard and only take 5-10'. So i decide to drop CN. Do you think this too soon.

Today is 2nd day drop CN.

Her day before was:

8: WU & feed
10.30: S
12: WU& feed
14.30: S
16: WU & feed
Around 18: CN
19.15: Bath/feed
Around 8: S

So then we stretched A time at 2nd nap to 3hours, we dont want the morning nap to be pushed back as it already quiet late. We also pushed betime earlier to keep DD not being OT. So our day something going tobe like this

8: WU & feed
10.30: S
12: WU& feed
15: S
16: WU & feed
18.45: Bath/feed
Around 7.15- 7.30: S

Do you think it is okay to set fixed schedule ( nap always at 10.30 & 3pm) or it is better to depend on nap 1 (if DD take 1hour nap - the 2nd nap will be 14.30 - if she sleep 2hr, 2nd nap will be 15.30 (is that late for 2nd nap too)?

Last night as we dropped CN for first time, DD wake up alot around 4-5? Do you think because she is adjusting to new schedule or being OT? Are we doing wrong? T.T

« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2014, 12:46:38 pm »
She might have been a bit ot - the a time before bed was quite long compared to the others. Your second routine looks better, but the last a time is probably a bit long still, especially if the second nap is only for an hour.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #404 on: May 29, 2014, 08:04:24 am »
Ladies, how do you plan your nursing sessions on 2 naps with 3h A time if LO is not yet on solids?
~Marta