Author Topic: dream feed not so dreamy  (Read 1099 times)

Offline chirojaz

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 21, 2014, 21:58:36 pm »
So I have been doing a "dream feed" for my DS, who will be 5 months at the end of this month, since he was an infant and I am just not sure if I should continue.  He never stays asleep for it.  He is pretty much up as soon as I pick him up and lately he has been getting frustrated at the boob when I am trying to do the dream feed.  He will suck, pull off and start crying, suck, pull off etc. etc.  This same thing is going on during the day so I am not sure if I am having a supply issue or it seems like he is getting frustrated by not getting a let down fast enough (which never seemed to be a problem).
He wakes up at night about every three hours but I will only do the dream feed around 11pm then feed him again when he wakes somewhere between 4-5am.  Since he is still waking up so frequently I'm just not sure that the dream feed is doing what it is supposed to be doing (extending the amount of time he is asleep) and not sure I should continue?  He puts himself to sleep independently but takes a pacifier so when he wakes and I don't feed him he will usually just go back to sleep after putting the paci back in.
The "dream feed" does give me peace of mind before I go to bed that he is not hungry and then if I do take it away I'm really not sure when I would/should feed him when he wakes up since he wakes up so frequently.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance!!!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: dream feed not so dreamy
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:59:12 am »
Maybe just feed him if he wakes 3hrs or more since the last feed?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011