Author Topic: 4 Feeds at 7 months  (Read 1272 times)

Offline branwen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
4 Feeds at 7 months
« on: August 26, 2005, 19:12:51 pm »
Hi everyone!

I just dropped my cluster so my dd and I are at 4 bf's now.  She rejected it two days ago and hasn't asked since.  Our evening feed increased time though so I think she's getting the same.

Is this ok?  We have never had a df and she still sleeps the night.  Is she weaning?  I hope not :(
Branwen
Mama to Eirwen 1/22/05

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
4 Feeds at 7 months
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 20:33:25 pm »
Sounds great!  Babies seldom self-wean as early as 7 months.  If she increased that other evening feed, then she's just getting it at a different time.  :D
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline amheusser

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • West Michigan
    • Logos Academy
4 Feeds at 7 months
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 21:38:19 pm »
That sounds about right.  We went down to 3 feeds around 8.5 months, and I remember my sister was doing 2 feeds at 10 months, so it is a step toward weaning, but you've got a while to go!

Check the EASY board for tons of sample schedules, and you'll see what other babies have done at that age.
Aubrey
-------------------------------

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
4 Feeds at 7 months
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 03:51:39 am »
I was talking to my EC nurse the other day & she said I needed to keep Liam on 5 feeds until solids were established (ie for me 7 months as she said about a month after introduction), as he was a healthy & very big boy the fact he was growing so well it would be ok if he did the occasional 4 feeds a day ( he is only 3mo & does long night stretches 7 hates being fed in under 3.5-4hours) but never let it happen more than 1/week. So based on that 4 feeds in a 7mo is fine
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05