Author Topic: when to introduce snacks/formula intake increasing lately...  (Read 854 times)

Offline HJL

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
when to introduce snacks/formula intake increasing lately...
« on: August 31, 2006, 00:38:20 am »
Hi
My twin girls are just one week shy of 10 months. They are on three solids meals a day and three bottles of formula a day. Here is my schedule:

8am wake up and bottle (9 ounce bottle)\

9am-9:30am solids breakfast (finger food is cheese, fruit chunks or veggie pieces, or egg yolk and toast and sometimes if I'm lucky i can get them to take a few spoonfuls of cereal although they have really been turned off of cereal since they were 8 months old)

10:30 begin to wind down for nap...they are usually fall asleep around 11am and sleep til about 12: 15

12:30ish-1:15 Lunch (yoghurt with avocado or another fruit)

2pm Bottle (9 ounce)

2:30 wind down for nap. They usually fall asleep around 3pm and sleep unitl aournd 4:15

4:30 - 5:15 Dinner - usually veggies with meat sometimes they'll take cereal (corn cereal) too

7pm Bottle (9 ounces + ...the last few weeks they've drained their bottles and kept sucking so i now am giving them each approximately 12 ounces now at this feed)

7:30 wind down for sleep...asleep by around 8-8:30pm

---

Its strange that the last couple of weeks they are completely draiingin their bedtime bottle and wanting more. I end up having to make another half bottle for each of them after they drain the first one. Should I be concerned that their formula intake is increasing? Should I introduce snacks in the day? If so, when??...my day with them seems pretty jam packed (it can take up to 30-40 mintues for each solid feed). Also, does everyone feed their snacks to the babies in their high chair (i've read that is what you are supposed to do), but it seems to me they will be spending their whole day sitting in the high chair then.

Thanks for your advice.

Offline Mum-of-Two

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 87
Re: when to introduce snacks/formula intake increasing lately...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 02:25:53 am »
My 8.5 month old just started draining her bedtime bottle and wanting more too.  She went from a 7 oz bottle to probably closer to 12 oz before she's done.  Its just that one feeding too.  I started to pay attention to how much I think fills her tummy and if it were an afternoon meal, she usually has about 4 oz solids plus 6 oz bottle... thats about 10 oz.  So I am thinking thats why she needs 10-12 oz of bottle to fill her at night where there are no solids.  She's not on 3 meals yet and I was thinking this increase was a sign she's ready for 3 meals.  Considering you are already on 3, I'm not sure what is next.

Sorry, I am not much help but thought I'd share whats going on with us too.

Angels 7wks-June07, 11wks-Oct07, 5wks-Jan08

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: when to introduce snacks/formula intake increasing lately...
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 22:25:57 pm »
Will they take formula in a cup? If so you could try giving some formula in a cup with meals to give them a little more.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07