Author Topic: naps & activity time?  (Read 691 times)

Offline shimmer

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
naps & activity time?
« on: April 08, 2006, 16:11:37 pm »
My lo is currently taking 1/2 an hour naps (which we are trying to extend with w-s).  She is only up for an hour & a half.  She is almost 4 months and I have her on 3-hour EASY because we weren't able to start a schedule until recently (she had terrible colic).  Would I have better luck extending her naps if I extended her awake time?  And should I really be aimingfor a 4-hour EASY, even though we've never even had a successful 3-hour one? (btw- last night was terrible.... she woke every hour on the hour & was nearly impossible to get back to sleep).

I'm losing my mind!  Help.  I want whats best for her.  She gets very cranky at the hour and a half so we winddown and go to bed, but extending these naps is taking forever!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: naps & activity time?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 23:50:10 pm »
I would definitely start working toward a 4-hour EASY - you can do 3.5 as a transition even. And try to extend her A time slowly as well - maybe even just do 1.75 hours for now. When she starts getting cranky, take her for a walk, put her in the sling, go outside - something calm and relaxing but distracting. That should help lengthen naps as well. Once she starts taking longer naps you'll likely find that she can stay awake longer too and then start heading to 2 hours A tiime.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01