Author Topic: Morning bottle  (Read 1833 times)

Offline mia_angel

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • blacklabyrinth
Morning bottle
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:31:12 am »
Hi girls

My daughter is 13 months...i was wondering whether i should still be giving her a bottle in the morning.

She has a morning and evening bottle at the moment, should i stop the morning one and just give her breakfast.

:)

em_here

Re: Morning bottle
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:11:14 pm »
I would continue with both, my dd is nearly 2 and we still do morning and night but from a cup, and same with ds who is 3 1/2, its good that they have this amount for the calcium needed :)

Offline mia_angel

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • blacklabyrinth
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:43:58 pm »
Hi Emma!

Great, i will keep on giving it to her....

Can you serve warm milk in a cup? Thought i would carry on with the bottle for a while.

She does drink water from a sippy cup by herself

em_here

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 12:48:48 pm »
hi there, I think that if she doesnt walk around with the bottle sucking on it constantly, then thats all good, I was always told to aim for the bottle being away by max age 2, if she just drinks it quick then its fine, but you can always give her some in the cup and some in the bottle if you want to :) :) and then gradually increase the amount in the cup until its all cup :D

As for it being warm, yes thats fine if she likes it that way :) I went to cold milk just after a year as Abbi didnt mind, but if you dont mind warming and she doesnt then keep with warm :) just means you have to do it :P

Offline shivi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 18:04:23 pm »
I've only just stopped the sippy cup of warm morning milk lately and Oscar is over 2.5 (he's taken from a sippy for a long time since around 18 mths I think)...and only stopped it as he needs to be up and breakfasted early due to pre nursery 3 days a week and the milk (around 210 mls or 7oz) was putting him off brekkie. So he now has full breakfast at 7am and then milk with his snack in sch at 10am (cold milk in a carton and some raisins/a mandarin/a humzinger nothing more) with sch lunch or lunch at home at 12.30.

we still do a warm sippy of milk after bathtime.....he LOVES his warm....

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline Ryan&HollysMom

• Claudia-German married to Canadian
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • halloween 2012
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 18:23:06 pm »
i think oscar and ryan are very much alike.... we had the same habit. we only just stopped a few weeks ago but only cause i got tired of going downstairs, warming up the milk (and it has to be just right), bringing it back upstairs, etc.
we switched right from breast to soft spout sippy at about 13 months.
Claudia-German married to Canadian

and our angel, 10 weeks, 11/19/08