Author Topic: When can you tell to change from 3hr to 4hr rountine  (Read 906 times)

Offline Michelle72

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
When can you tell to change from 3hr to 4hr rountine
« on: February 23, 2006, 11:58:00 am »
My little one has gradually gone from a 3hr to a 3hr30Min's routine with E:A:S:Y and I was wondering really how do you tell when to change from 3hr to 4hr routine, I have just been doing what I have thought was right, but am I right!!!!!  Daniel is 3 months today and weighs over 8 kilos so he is above average weight, so I was thinking maybe his little stomach can carry him over 4hr hours as he is a good eater and always has lots of wet nappies. what do you think?????

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Re: When can you tell to change from 3hr to 4hr rountine
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 13:51:15 pm »
Michelle, that does seem a little young to be on a 4 hour EASY, but if your lo can do it, then go for it.  The only way to know is to read her cues.  There is no sense waking her up, if she's going to continue sleeping, just to ensure she stays on a 3.5 hour EASY.  KWIM?  And wow, that is a big baby. :)

So how many feeds is she having in a 24 period?  That could be the most telling at this point.

Good job on the EASY!  Sounds like you can read her cues well, so the transition to 4 hour should be pretty easy.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline Michelle72

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 14:32:30 pm »
well he eats 6 times including dream feed,but sometimes he could go longer  but i have been giving him a feed anyway just to keep to the routine or i feel we will be all over the place because before we started E:A:S:Y he was a snacker and ate erratically also had colic so he would want to feed all the time just to soothe himself.  It was very difficult to read his signs before E:A:S:Y.

Offline JacobMarksMummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Jacob Mark From Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 19:05:55 pm »
I shouldnt worry about you making the transition as your LO will not doubt to it by hiself. The transition is usualy gradual, my DS was going on 2hiour easy at 3months so I would be alittle concerned if he did go that long. However if he does it by hiself dont worry some babies do have bigger stomachs than others and he does sound larger than average. I think you are doing really well just go with the flow and continue to follow his signs  :)
Nome, Mummy to :-
Jacob Mark - 26/04/05
Beatrice Anita 31/10/06