Author Topic: W2S - Advice needed and would love to hear how it worked for you.  (Read 687 times)

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Ds has been waking i believe from habit at 1.45am for weeks following a period of going till 4am.  So last night we tried w2s.  I did it half an hour before he would have woken i just touched his hand which stirred him thankfully he didn't wake.  He then woke at 2.30 which is an improvement he was awake but not crying just gave dummy and he went back to sleep.  i heard him again at 3.30 but think he would have settled himself maybe as all i did was touch him and went straight to sleep instantly till 4.30 when he gave me hungry cues.  Fed him and he only took 3oz managed to resettle quite quickly and he woke sporadically till 7am.  Which is normal.  I think we need to do this at least for next 3 nights but do i do it at same time each night as don't want to encourage another habit time.  Did he wake at 2.30 because of me stirring him to lighter sleep so when i stop he would stay in a deeper sleeP?  Should the other wakings like the one at 3.30 stop too?  just wondered what i can expect.  I fully expect to feed him at least once in the night but only when he is hungry like he was at 4.30.
Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: W2S - Advice needed and would love to hear how it worked for you.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 23:53:16 pm »
In Tracy's book she says to do it one hour before the habitual waking so maybe it was too late.