Author Topic: Advice Anyone?  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Elise's Mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Advice Anyone?
« on: September 26, 2006, 19:51:17 pm »
Introducing solids to my lil girl has been super easy. She had no hesitation what so ever. She is now just over 6 months.

I had been giving her solids when she has her milk...not staggering it like I have noticed many of you doing. Her schedule looks something like this:

7am: wake up
7:15: 7 oz formula
9 am: nap, her naps have never been the same from day to day. this could be 30 mins - 1.5 hours
11 am: 1tbls cereal/.5 tbls veggi/.5 tbls fruit/3-4 oz formula
1 pm: nap
3 pm: 2tbls cereal/4oz formula
5pm: cat nap
7 pm: 7.5 oz formula
11 pm: DF 7.5 oz formula

Any suggestions? It seems to work well this way. Just curious what the bennefits are to offering formula first, then solids 1.5 hours later.

Also any suggestions on how much she is taking in? I worry she is not getting in enough formula. She seems full. No night wakings, except for the recent teething spell.

She has two bottom teeth. Handles the standard purees just fine. Can I offer her any bits of food for her to self feed? She is eager to feed herself.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 20:27:21 pm by Ziolla »

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: Advice Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 20:24:04 pm »
It usually gives a guide to how much formula your LO should be having on the container, I can't remember how much for 6 months, but I would suggest that she is doing ok as she is.  (that's from someone who's daughter's sleep problems started when I dropped a formula feed)  I don't know when it is suggested that you drop the dreamfeed though, but I say, if it's not broke don't fix it!!!
As for finger food, they suggest 8 months I think and that's when I have introduced it to mine, and I usually started with boiled, sliced carrot, courgettes, brocolli, I have always given this during family meal times.  I'm no expert mind you, so see what others say!!  But I have never had a problem with my LO's eating habits and I think it has a lot to do with my relaxed, but traditional approach to food (ie, we all eat as much as we need around the dining table together, I don't make them empty their plates if they don't want to)
HTH

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 22:41:09 pm »
The formula with the 11 and 3 solids is this mixed with food or a bottle? If this routine workd well for you and your DD is getting her recommended milk intake of 24-32ozs milk then that is fine.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Elise's Mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 11:32:20 am »
It is in a bottle, not mixed.

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 21:54:26 pm »
Then that is fine if you are finding that the milk intake starts to decrease you may want to seperate the solids and milk a little.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07