Author Topic: Habitual weakening at 2:50 am on the button!!!:(  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Elvisking

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Habitual weakening at 2:50 am on the button!!!:(
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:42:18 am »
Hi,
I have recently posted about my 20 week old's change in sleep patterns, thanks for all the help- (especially from Smurfette!)

Our 'old' pattern was bed at 7, DF at 10:30, wake to feed at 5:30am sleep until 8:30am? We've had a few random nights of up every hour, a few of up at 2am for 2 hours, up at 5 for 2 hours (nightmare)- but the thing is- she is never unhappy during these awake times!!!-I gather this is the dreaded sleep regression??

Now, for the past 2 weeks we have her wide awake at 2:50 am! And I mean WIDE awake. Singing, laughing, playing- but very loud!!! She isn't hungry at this time- she'll drink a maximum of 4 oz -if at all.  Do you think I should ignore her when I first hear her? Or should I go in, try & feed  & change nappy? It really has got to be a habit- there is no noise weakening her- I think she has enough A time, but perhaps too much daytime sleep? Have a look at her EASY below & see what you think please!!!! All ideas welcome! As I say she is never unhappy- just very loud!!!!

20 week old girl, angel baby. FF-6 8oz bottles a day, starting to introduce tastes of cereal, veg etc. uses a dummy/pacifier & a muslin!!

8:30.  E
8:45   A
10:00 S
12:00 E
12:15 A
2:30.  S
4:30.  E
4:45.  A
6:30   Bedtime routine & bottle
7:00.  Bed

Obviously this varies slightly- but usually only by 30 mins- as in sometimes she wakes at 9am not 8:30 so her day is pushed on by 30 min. Do you think I should be weakening her at 7:30?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Habitual weakening at 2:50 am on the button!!!:(
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 13:26:23 pm »
I would say too much sleep -- not necessarily too much daytime sleep, but she's doing 13.5 hour nights, plus two 2 hour naps, so more like too much sleep in a 24 hour time period.  Usually we would think 12 hour nights plus the naps (or sometimes an slightly shorter night) and maybe a 30-45 minute cat nap in there too.  Will she go to bed a little later so you get a shorter night or is she just so tired at that point that you need to put her to bed?  My LOs always did their longest A time in the time leading up to bed, so we were able to push BT if need be.  Alternately, you could wake her in the mornings, some people find that they have to in order to keep their routine on track.

When you hear her at night, I would leave her be until she gives you the "I need you" cry -- at this age, she might be able to to settle herself back to sleep.  Also, with a habitual waking, you might give wake to sleep a try: http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=223809.0 and see if it helps.

Offline Elvisking

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 16:46:53 pm »
I think you're right- we'll try her up a bit later each day for a few days I think. She does seem to love her sleep & need it- but I agree that she sleeps too long at night.  We'll try staying up an extra 15 mins for the next few days & gradually increase it. I think I'll try WTS too- as it is exactly the same time every night.

She has been off her food today & took nearly an hour to self soothe for her afternoon nap- so a later bt will be easier tonight!!

Thanks, I'll post tomorrow & we can see how it goes!!
My LO is called Erin Grace!! :)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 02:38:59 am »
My LO is called Erin Grace!!
That's a beautiful name! :)

Let us know how it goes!