Author Topic: Does EASY really work for all children?  (Read 3107 times)

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Does EASY really work for all children?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 21:31:59 pm »
Hello,

Big Hugs to you!!  Sounds like you are having a rough go of it.

Just wanted to let you know what works for my ds currently, as I'm always looking for new things and it seems they are both around the 4 month mark.

If my ds wakes at 8am he is usually only awake for 1.5 hours (E & A).  Sometimes he stretches it to 2 hours.  his morning nap is usually his longest.  I find for him, A time can never be over 2 hours and is usually in the 1.5 mark.  However, he is an Angel baby and you mentioned that your lo is spiritied.

I think as well you are trying to feed you lo every 4 hours... is that right?  I would love ds to be on 4 hours, but it's usually gets shorter as the day progresses.  by his last feed we're down to at least 3 hours.

I don't cluster feed or do a dream feed, but he does seem to wake up around 10ish each night.  so i feed him then.

I hope you get your night sleep back for your sake.  Sounds like you know what you lo needs. 

Oh ya, at night, I usually feed say around 6:30 and he goes to bed at 8.  So he doesn't receive a feed close to his bedtime.

Hope I helped just a little.... even if it's just to give you hugs and support.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline tracefo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Does EASY really work for all children?
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 13:59:13 pm »
Thankyou, everyone, for all of the advice.  Please don't misunderstand me.  I do appreciate the advice.  It's just that whenever I ask for advice on how to adjust EASY for the 45 minute napper, I get advice on how to extend the nap.  Every time I extend the naps, which I can do, my daughter doesn't sleep through the night.  I've decided that I want her to have uninterupted night sleep more than I want her to have long naps because the naps are always interupted so she'd be getting no good sleep.  That may not work for everyone but it works for me.  (It means I get to spend more time with the cutest little 45 minute napper in the world!)  So if people have advice on how to make EASY work with the 45 minute napper I'd love to hear it.  Unless someone has a better idea, like Theresa suggested, I will just relax and listen to my daughter's cues and put her to bed when she is tired, feed her when she is hungry and love her as much as humanly possible.  ( And yes we now have our nights back, yeah!!!)
Tracey