Author Topic: Me again. Habitual NW?  (Read 734 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Me again. Habitual NW?
« on: July 28, 2014, 14:01:36 pm »
Hi ladies...sorry, me again lol  :P

Things with BT are MUCH improved after about a month or more of GW and we are now getting a BT of about 8:30pm by the time he's asleep (if he naps) or earlier if he doesn't.  I think he's caught up a lot of his OT as he's been doing close to 12hr nights lately.  My issue is, we are still getting NW every single night.  Literally, every night...for over a month.  At first they were at random times, but now it is pretty consistently at at 1:30am or there about and he doesn't self settle.  He stands up, calls for me, and then I go in and give him a cuddle, lie him down, and he usually drifts off fairly easily (though some nights not as much).  Sometimes we get one at 4:30am but those are a lot less frequent, typically it's 1:30am.

I know he's cutting molars (one bottom and one top) but I'm not sure if that would consistently make him wake up at the same time every night?  I'm thinking it's somehow habitual but not sure how to address that in a toddler  ???

Offline Aishi

• Showing Appreciation 105
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 06:24:50 am »
W2s! I did it recently on my 4 yo and it worked a treat to get rid of ew. I roused him so that he stirred (but not fully woke) 1h prior to habitual ew for 7 days in a row. Hth
aishi :)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Me again. Habitual NW?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 07:53:34 am »
Maybe he's doing a wee at that time and it has started to disturb him? Mine had habitual NWs for ages with a wee at 11.30/12.00, I couldn't be 100% sure it was wee at the time, just a hunch, but when he went night dry it stopped so I am reasonably sure it was this.
W2S could be just the thing.

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Me again. Habitual NW?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 13:00:03 pm »
His diaper is fairly full in the morning, so I know he's going pee several times a night so I'm not sure if just one of those times would cause a NW?  I guess it's possible though.

2 nights ago it was 12:45am and last night...1:30am on the dot!  What the heck!?

I guess I'll have to try W2S...I don't see any other options.  I thought maybe he was cold or something, but even if that were true it is still odd that he would wake at the same time.