Author Topic: 23mth separation anxiety?????  (Read 805 times)

Offline pinkladyangel

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
23mth separation anxiety?????
« on: August 09, 2014, 19:01:26 pm »
Hi all
Am really in need of some advice.
Our lb is 23mths and for the last couple of weeks he's been really clingy. He cries when i leave the room and has just started waking in the night or crying at bt which he has never done.
I did think it could be his 2yr molars on the move as he's started to chew things again. It just seems a little strange that he cries when i leave the room. Its not consistent either. If theres someone else in the room he's fine. Its just when he's with me.

Offline Clairehv

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mum to 2 girls. DD1 Sept 2012, DD2 May 2016
Re: 23mth separation anxiety?????
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 15:38:54 pm »
Hi
We are literally experiencing the same with our 22 month old. Just wants me all the time and crying/whinging if I leave the room or really cries if DH tries to go upstairs with her without me etc.

Hopefully just a phase and I'll be interested to see if there are any tips posted
x
Claire

Offline pinkladyangel

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 18:04:13 pm »
Its heartbreaking isnt it.
I must admit he does seem to have improved a bit since i posted. The only things i can think of that have triggered it are. His nig sister went on camp with a group she belongs to and he thought i was going to leave him too. Also i work term time and i've been at home for last 2 and half weeks and he's worried i'm going to leave. I think its got to me more as he's never been like this before. Another reason could be that its the anniversary of losing our preemie baby and we've all been a bit anxious with the build up to that.
Will see what happens over next few days.

Offline Clairehv

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mum to 2 girls. DD1 Sept 2012, DD2 May 2016
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:10:36 am »
We are now 3 weeks into Daddy refusal, BT issues with me needing to stand in room and repeateded NWs so I really hope this phase passes soon.
FX for you, and sorry for your loss
x
Claire

Offline pinkladyangel

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 20:14:39 pm »
So tonight he went to bed fine ??? This is boy is sooooo confusing. He been fine in the day too. Mmmm i really dont know whats going on with him