Author Topic: completely losing the plot with naps at 13 months  (Read 882 times)

Offline rosie and joe's mummy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • baby joe
completely losing the plot with naps at 13 months
« on: January 23, 2007, 14:27:38 pm »
ok so what I want rosie to do is this;

7am wake up
8am breakfast
9.30 short nap
10.30 snack
12 lunch
2pm longer nap
3.30 snack
5pm dinner
7pm bed

which we were managing quite well just after christmas. however in the last couple of weeks she's decided that no naps are better than 2 and has started waking earlier (about 6-6.30 am, though she's happy in her bed until about 7.10 am every day)

she does get grouchy throughout the day, but when i try and put her down for a nap she just crashes around, shouting and talking and singing to herself, and generally will stay in there doing her own thing for HOURS!  I know she'll do it for hours as she's been in her bed now for an hour without any trouble at all.

she looks exhausted all the time and i can't get her to do any sleeping!  she did this at 4/5 months old as well, and she seemed to grow out of it, but with her being so much more active now it's wearing me out even more.

if we are lucky she might have half an hours sleep at some point during the day, but at the moment i can hand on heart say she's not had a daytime nap for 4 days.

i try not to go to her when she's been put to bed unless she's crying and distressed, but sometimes if i think it's been so long that she's just not going to sleep, i'll find her lying on her back playing with a teddy bear.

when i put her in for her np she will lie still and she looks tired (closing eyes, twirling her hair etc) but after a few minutes I can hear her again.

any suggestions on what i can do?
rosie - 12/12/05
Joe 17/03/08

breastfed angel babies!

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: completely losing the plot with naps at 13 months
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 01:34:50 am »
The early morning wake ups are due to being overtired from having very little naps. Sounds like she may be ready to transition to 1 nap.
Check out this link for how to transition and feel free to ask questions.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=81459.0

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline imsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
Re: completely losing the plot with naps at 13 months
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 14:54:44 pm »
I agree with pp.  Maybe try putting her down around 10:30 and see if you can resettle her if she wakes early.  In the meantime if she won't nap, pop her into bed at least an hour early.  There is also a good section in BW solves all your problems on transitioning to one nap.