Author Topic: 6 wk old not napping well--move to 4 hour EASY?  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: 6 wk old not napping well--move to 4 hour EASY?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 11:40:53 am »
Beth;  Do a dreamfeed at about 10:30-11pm. The point of a dreamfeed is to NOT wake the baby. Tricky, but if you can do it it'll really help. If however you do a dreamfeed and she wakes then just feed her anyway, if she falls asleep on that feed then thats great. Sounds like your on the right track :)
Kimberly

Offline joyfulmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 18:39:31 pm »
That's so funny...our children should meet.  I was trying to do the dreamfeed as suggested in the schedule but about a week ago My Husband and I stopped bacause he was impossible to wake and when he would , he would barely drink an ounce and he would still wake at 1 or two.  So, we decided to try to see how far he would go w/out the dream feed.  1st night..12:50, then 5:00, then 7:45 ( I woke him).  2nd night...2:00, then 5:30, then 8:00 ( I woke him).  3rd night...2:00 then 6:00. that went on for two nights.  Last night he went until 1:00 and then 6:30.  He wakes up at 5:00 and talks sometimes but then falls back to sleep.  He is 8 weeks on Friday so I am hoping he keep the big 7-8 hour stretch.  I do wish it were from 10-6 but we may try that again later.  My husband and I switch off nights (joys of bottle feeding).  If he feels he can't do it, I go to bed around 8:00.

Any ideas when you can expect a baby to go 10-11 hours at night?

Now our problem is 45 minute naps, he goes down so easily in the mornings now but wakes at 45 minutes.  He will sleep longer in the afternoon but fusses for about 30-45 minutes before actually falling asleep.  I keep going in and putting in the paci until he finally drifts off.

Good luck to you I hope this helps!!

Offline joyfulmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 18:53:59 pm »
Karita,

Since it is so hard for my lo to eat even an ounce of formula during the DF, do you suggest I try it again?  How long does it take to work?

Also, the Wake to sleep method, how long does that usually take to get them to nap longer?  Is it meant to break a habit of 45 minute naps?

Sorry, I know these are not Bottlefeeding questions anymore but you have been such help!!!

Thank you!!!
Stacey